Participant

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

@bodosom wrote:

I suppose you could say that that isn't new but I think the answer is pretty clear.

The answer isn't clear at all. The posting yesterday added nothing to, and subtracted nothing from, @Phil_B's "awaiting final approval" post of 7/7/2016. "No new information about approval and release of the firmware update for that modem to enable IPv6 functionality" is just that. So it must still be "awaiting final approval". (@Jeremiah_S could have said "that modem will not be updated to support IPv6". He didn't.)

I understand why TWC-Social Media Customer Care would't want to commit to something they have less than zero control over/influence on. I've worked in BIG companies.

Participant

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

Agree completely with Dick_W.    And Bodosom,  we will just have to agree to disagree, but again, I have to ask,  why do you care at this point, because as you say, you've "moved on" and now have a different modem?   You may have begun this thread but at this point, why are you still responding since you no longer use the SB6183?  

There  remain others of us who either don't want to "move on" or who just want to continue to use our SB6183's,   and who would like a definitive response from TWC/Charter about whether they will or won't ever resolve the IPv6 issue with this modem, and whether they will ever release the firmware they have said they had under "testing",  or whether they just plan to scrap IPv6 altogether on the SB6183.   Your posts are no longer responsive to that inquiry, and, to quote your scolding of Ms. Raye, they are unhelpful and now off-topic. 

Seasoned Contributor

@jegesq wrote:

Agree completely with Dick_W.    And Bodosom,  we will just have to agree to disagree

People normally agree to disagree about matters of opinion not matters of fact.  I wouldn't want someone to find this thread and think

Honoring MDD .... provisioning mode = IPv4

Overriding MDD ... provisioning mode = IPv6

messages mean native IPv6 for the customer is disabled or blocked.  As a final fact:

my Arris, Zoom and Netgear modems all have the same messages in their log.  Only the 6183 blocks transiting IPv6 traffic.

PS. I didn't start this thread.

Valued Participant

Get a refund for your SB6183 if you bought it BEFORE they modified the compatiblity list.

Call 212-364-8300

and contact them via

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/our-company/leadership/support.html

You must have a reciept of when you bought the modem and proof that it was BEFORE they modified the compatibility list.

Browser

I called that number, they had no idea what I was talking about.

Highlighted
Valued Participant

@elliotroth wrote:

I called that number, they had no idea what I was talking about.

You are going to have to do a little work here and make a complaint.  Submit the form as well.

My experience is that the president's office...once you complain should offer you a monetary appology.

If you called acting like you were trying to get some kind of Rebate Coupon...yea...they probably don't havea  clue what you are talking about, but this is the office you need to contact if you want to fight this.

Browser

TWC Executive Office called me back today and I had a long talk with them.  Their position is that the removal of IPv6 functionality from the modem does not impair my ability to access the internet at this time.    Hence in their opinion I am not losing anything and they see no reason to refund or credit any amount.  They have no idea if or when the fix will be pushed to the modem because TWC is undergoing major changes to the entire network that at this time is the top priority of their network team. Any current firmware patch from the manufacturer may not necessarily be correct in the future once the network changes have been completed.

Bottom line according to the representative is that the SB6183  provides all needed services to meet the terms of my service agreement.  Expect no changes to the firmware, there will not be any refunds.

Valued Participant

Hmmm.....that wasn't my experience I appologize.

Browser

Well today brought a surprise. Another person from the executive team called me and said they took another look at my complaint. They are crediting my account for twice what I paid for the modem.    Now that is awesome service and brings my history with this modem to its end.  New modem on order.   Thank you TWC!!!

Seasoned Contributor

hey can you get them to send me a check or credit or money order or even a brand new sb6190 please  please !!!!!!!