Browser

Lost IPv6 - DG1670A

Tired of waiting for the SB6183 to get IPv6, I leased a DG1670A from TWC a couple of weeks ago.

It had IPv6 working great until yesterday. Now, it's gone.

Before I call TWC, has anyone seen a similar problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Browser

Re: Lost IPv6 - DG1670A

Update: I now have an IPv6 address again, but no IPv6 connectivity, after rebooting the modem.

This is actually worse.
Expert

what is your zip code?

Is the 1670 in bridge mode with your own good router after it?

Why do you need IPv6?

Robot Sad

Observer

Trying to figure this all out and came across your post. Looking at buying a cabel modem and wifi router. Why wouldn't I want an IPv6?  Right now i'm looking at the Arris Surfboard Model SB6141 but then came accross the SB6183. Lots to learn, quite overwhelming.

Browser

@MsRaye wrote:

what is your zip code?

Is the 1670 in bridge mode with your own good router after it?

Why do you need IPv6?

Robot Sad

It is in bridge mode, with my own router after it.

Highlighted
Browser

@wynswrld wrote:

Trying to figure this all out and came across your post. Looking at buying a cabel modem and wifi router. Why wouldn't I want an IPv6?  Right now i'm looking at the Arris Surfboard Model SB6141 but then came accross the SB6183. Lots to learn, quite overwhelming.

Careful with the SB6183, TWC won't provision IPv6 for it at this time, and it's uncertain when (if ever).

Spectrum Employee

Tell us more about your set up and your location. I'm in LA, currently on standard (non bridged) configuration with IPv6 working although I did have to double check it was still here. 

I am a TWC employee and my postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s strategies or opinions.
I am posting of my own volition; not on the clock nor being paid to share this post

Browser

It came back on its own last night, around 2am, when the modem rebooted itself.

Case closed.

Expert

see what was at 2 am in the error/ events...

Was there a SW download from nms or something like that?