Newcomer

Re: IPv6 and the SB6183 -- fixed or not

I have also been waiting patiently for the update since purchasing the model several months ago. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Rookie

@JoeO wrote:

Tech Support doesn't care tht IPV6 isn't working.

Contact Corporate if you purchased the modem BEFORE they modified the compatiblity list...they will appologize and if you can provide enough proof as to when you bought it they may offer a monetary/credit apology.

When was that exactly?

Browser

@JoeO wrote:

Tech Support doesn't care tht IPV6 isn't working.

Contact Corporate if you purchased the modem BEFORE they modified the compatiblity list...they will appologize and if you can provide enough proof as to when you bought it they may offer a monetary/credit apology.

I tried, they told me to F off and they could note my feedback. Just bought a TP link modem, I am done. Can't wait till Gigapower or Google gets here.

Observer

Glad to see another fiber company in my area, signing up.

TWC seems quite messed up recently and waiting for them is pointless. One of my friends recently moved and need modem activated. TWC sent 2 guys, spent 2 weeks to fix everything. The funny thing is that, one that actually fixed problem wished to stay anonymous because that wasn't his assigned job, and the other one wasted hours diagnosing and suddenly disappeared without any work log or feedback. No wonder TWC needs much more time to roll out new firmware and none of the representatives through chat or phone, whatever tier, ever acknowlegded any problem.

Browser

How do you mark the topic as solved when there still has been no rollout of the software and no proof it works yet? That was premature.
Seasoned Contributor

@elliotroth wrote:
How do you mark the topic as solved when there still has been no rollout of the software and no proof it works yet? That was premature.

You misread the questions.  They're in the first post.

Participant

@bodosom wrote:

@elliotroth wrote:

You misread the questions.  They're in the first post.

Look at the post they marked as Solution. It's over a month old and promises an update, with no promise date, that hasn't happened yet.

Browser

I agree, saying that saying vaporware is the solution is not any solution at all. That's like saying you found the cure for cancer but you don't know when you're ever going to roll it out or if it really works.
Seasoned Contributor

@dick_w wrote:

Look at the post they marked as Solution. It's over a month old and promises an update, with no promise date, that hasn't happened yet.

@elliotroth wrote:
I agree, saying that saying vaporware is the solution is not any solution at all. That's like saying you found the cure for cancer but you don't know when you're ever going to roll it out or if it really works.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

First I'll remind you of the question: "Can/will TWC troubleshoot problem 2 to completion? "

Second I'll note that it's my thread and my question.

The sum of all the responses from TWC* in this thread are the answer.

However if you want to start a "When will TWC release new firmware for the SB-6183?" thread you certainly can.

Participant

So you have an SB6183 that is once again passing IPV6 traffic? Or are you saying the fact that Charter has a solution in hand but hasn't rolled it out to anybody is good enough for you?