Highlighted
Seasoned Contributor

Re: any ? new news or update to the Arris SB6183 ipv6 firmware problem July 15 2016

Starting another thread with the same question won't make anything happen any faster.

Seasoned Contributor

Re: IPv6 and the SB6183 -- fixed or not

@KayoticSully wrote:

I have found a few places that say the Moto should have the spectrum analyzer that the Arris has.  But as I did say I dont care too much about that.

The spectrum analyzer is not a generic Arris/Motorola feature.  Only the 6183 has one (or one that is available to the end-user), it's not present on the 6141 or the 6190.

Browser

Re: any ? new news or update to the Arris SB6183 ipv6 firmware problem July 15 2016

@bodosom wrote:

Starting another thread with the same question won't make anything happen any faster.

Neither will a snarky response.

Browser

Is there an update on the SB6183 f/w upgrade yet?
Seasoned Contributor

@k4jh wrote:
Is there an update on the SB6183 f/w upgrade yet?

Do you mean since the one two weeks ago?

Spectator

I have not seen an update. Last work from Phil that I recall was the update had completed testing, had not yet been rolled out. He didn't know when it would roll out. Still waiting....still no IPv6.

Spectator

I gave up waiting after weeks turned into months, and just this week swapped out my SB6183 for a Motorola MB7420 (re-branded Zoom) to get native IPv6 back.  Hurricane Electric tunnel was fine when we were 30/5, but after they flipped the switch to 200/20, it became a bottleneck.  I had my 6183 for 15 months, so it's paid for itself, and I have someone that wants to buy it and doesn't need IPv6 yet, so that will recoup a little as well.  But still annoying they can't fix something that the other big cable providers fixed last year. 

Valued Participant

Tech Support doesn't care tht IPV6 isn't working.

Contact Corporate if you purchased the modem BEFORE they modified the compatiblity list...they will appologize and if you can provide enough proof as to when you bought it they may offer a monetary/credit apology.

Participant

@Twc-PhilB wrote:

The firmware update has cleared testing, and is awaiting final approval.  I do not have an exact date as to when rollout will begin-- I appreciate everyone's patience on this, and certainly can understand the concerns.  When I have more info I will post here.

Four more weeks have passed. An update to the forumware got approved and released. Still no sign of IPV6 on an SB6183. I don't know what the approval process is at "Spectrum", nor what it takes to rollout a firmware update to client modems, but it must be a very involved and lengthy process. Or you all don't really care.

Can we predict a quarter? 3Q16, 4Q16? Half? 2H16, 1H17?

Browser

@dick_w wrote:

@Twc-PhilB wrote:

The firmware update has cleared testing, and is awaiting final approval.  I do not have an exact date as to when rollout will begin-- I appreciate everyone's patience on this, and certainly can understand the concerns.  When I have more info I will post here.

Four more weeks have passed. An update to the forumware got approved and released. Still no sign of IPV6 on an SB6183. I don't know what the approval process is at "Spectrum", nor what it takes to rollout a firmware update to client modems, but it must be a very involved and lengthy process. Or you all don't really care.

Can we predict a quarter? 3Q16, 4Q16? Half? 2H16, 1H17?

It's just corporate business as usual. Lies and lies.