Rookie

Unable to connect more than two devices to wifi

I am using an Arris SBG6700 router modem combo. I am able to access wifi but not with more than two devices at a time. Is the combo device too old or is it a problem with the settings? Currently, it is is set to bridge mode. Arris said to set it to routing mode but it will not save this change. Not sure what to do. Thanks.
5 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Unable to connect more than two devices to wifi

Is this equipment rented?

Rookie

No I own it. It was sold with TWC internet a while back.
Proven Sharer

Setting your Arris SBG6700 gateway to bridging mode disables the internal router,  Then in order to connect multiple devices you must have a separate active router fed from the gateway's LAN 1 port. 

-OR-

You must put the 6700 back into normal mode AND do a full reset to factory defaults. 

Rookie

Ok, the only way it stays on the normal setting and not bridged is when the coax cable isn't plugged in but as soon as it is it reverts back to bridge.

Thanks again for the responses.
Helper

@Xiaofei88 wrote:
Ok, the only way it stays on the normal setting and not bridged is when the coax cable isn't plugged in but as soon as it is it reverts back to bridge.

Thanks again for the responses.

You may need to call in to Spectrum and have them adjust the provisioning of the gateway if they have it set on their end for bridge mode.