Boz
Sharer

Ubee MTA Model DVW32CB & Ricoh Aficio SP C250SF Loses WiFi Connection

I have a Ricoh Aficio SP C250SF printer.  Wireless printing worked flawlwssly when I was using a Netgear N300 WiFi Cable Modem Router, Model C3000.

Because of an issue I was having with TWCTV, a TWC tech convinced me to try a TWC-owned Ubee MTA Model DVW32CB.  While the WiFI signal seems a little stronger with the Ubee, and it has 5G, it loses the connection to the Ricoh printer.  Every time I need to print from any one of the 4 computers in the house, the computers display a "printer offline" message.  In order to get something printed, I have to restart the printer, which then results in printing whatever was previously sent to it.  It should be noted that checking the printer settinge, it IS STILL CONNECTED to WiFi at the time it won't print.  The printer apparantly does not have 5G.  It doesn't matter if any computer being used is connected to the 2.4 or 5G network.

What could be the difference between the Netgear and Ubee that causes the Ubee to lose connection to the printer every time while the Netgear never does?  Can it be fixed?  Thanks in advance for any help!

6 REPLIES 6
Expert

Re: Ubee MTA Model DVW32CB & Ricoh Aficio SP C250SF Loses WiFi Connection

Run an ethernet cable to it and forget the wireless....

but try this first:

go into the router and set the DHCP lease for a day, bet it's an hour

set the dhcp start at 192.168.0.100'

then in the printer

set the printer on a static ip of 192.168.0.99

Boz
Sharer

@MsRaye wrote:

Run an ethernet cable to it and forget the wireless....

but try this first:

go into the router and set the DHCP lease for a day, bet it's an hour

set the dhcp start at 192.168.0.100'

then in the printer

set the printer on a static ip of 192.168.0.99

None of the 4 computers is connected physically to the Ubee or the printer

The Lease Time is currently set at 3600.  What value should I set?

I set the Starting Address Set , Private Starting Address to 192.168.0.100.

I can't figure out how to set the Ricoh to a Static IP of 192.168.0.99 .   Does anybody know how?

Thank you.

Proven Sharer

3600 seconds is one hour.  Go for 99,999 if it will let you, that's about 2 1/4 days.  Otherwise use the maximum allowed value, whatever it may be. 

Boz
Sharer

@karlbeckman wrote:

3600 seconds is one hour.  Go for 99,999 if it will let you, that's about 2 1/4 days.  Otherwise use the maximum allowed value, whatever it may be. 

Oh, so it is set in seconds?  Hmmm...if 3600 seconds is 1 hour, 24 hours  would be 86,400, so 99,999 is about 1-1/4 days.  But anyway, I'lll set it to 99,999 and see what happens.  Thanks.

Any other suggestions?  Any help on setting static IP on that Ricoh printer?

Boz
Sharer

Can anybody help?  Thanks.

Proven Sharer

You'll need to get that kind of help from Ricoh.  You might also need  to find out if that Ubee model supports IPv6.  The HP ultra-cheap Envy line of ink-jet printers default to IPv6 and only have a USB port, no ethernet (ask me how I know Smiley Frustrated).  In theory you can program it all from the front panel, but in ten months I still haven't succeeded!