Participant

Re: Ubee DVW32CB Gateway- How do I create a guest wireless network?

Yes, the manual for the DVW32CB does state that up to 8 SSID's per radio are possible, but the manual is completely silent on how to enable the other SSID's. See Page 8 of the Manual where you will find this:

"Wireless, Security and Network

Supports 8 SSIDs per radio, 802.11b/g/n/ac compliant with link speeds up to 1750

Mbps (450Mbps @ 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps @ 5GHz), beam forming technology and

high powered amplifiers to extend WiFi range, 3 Tx and 3 Rx antennas with dualband

concurrent, high power radios".

I've searched through the manual though, and there's nothing about enabling anything other than the default SSID's for each radio, and what happens if you change the default name (i.e., the default name isn't restored upon a factory reset unless you do so manually). 

But nothing about guest networks, separate VLANS, or anything about how to enable different SSID's.

Again, same suggestion as above:  Put the DVW32CB into "Bridge" mode, so it is just a cable modem, and get a better separate router to handle DHCP, firewalling, and VLAN's (guest networks).

Rookie

Re: Ubee DVW32CB Gateway- How do I change WEP key?

Hi folks, this is my first post and I'm sorry but I could not find a way to start a new thread. My question is for this TWC router/modem combo, is there a way to change the WEP key/password? The tech who installed it said no, but that just doesn't seem right. Any assistance greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sam

TWC Alumni

Re: Ubee DVW32CB Gateway- How do I change WEP key?

You may need direct support in order to address and resolve this particular issue. We are available directly at this link: TWC_ForumsHelp

Rookie

I did get it all working. However I had to call TWC first to get the router to operation mode which is a different IP than the control panels we typically see. In operation mode the router can be configured to function as a modem only.
Expert

all in ones are junk... correct solution is to use your own router that you have total access to all the settings.

Just because a mfg's specs advertise something, the cable companies won't allow or support them..

Look at the new DVR's that have a 8x4 docsis 3 modem and moca.. it will be a cold day in hell before twc will give you internet service on them as advertised by the manufacturer.

The multi ssid's were to create a public WIFI hotspot which turned out to be a fiasco. TWC installs seperate modems and a real WIFI AP, usually a Ruckus

Not applicable

Would love to know what the steps were to do this!  Also, do you use the TWC  telephone on this modem and, if so, did those steps disable it?

> durn non-threaded application.  I meant what are the steps/IPs you connected to in order to put the DVW32CB into modem-only mode.

Expert

Per TWC, you need to contact them to change any settings in the all in ones...leased or owned...

You are taking security away if there is a guest account,\ Next issue is the phone will still work, but there could be IPv6 issues and you have no control as to the guests IPv6 useage....Huge issue with apple devices

Rookie

The operation mode screen is at 192.168.100.1 for my UBEE.  Though you'll still need the login and password.  It's in this menu page that you cand make the unit only function as a modem and pass everything else to your personal router.

We're not using it for phone service so I cannot speak to that.

Not applicable

where can i get a copy of the user manual?

thanks

Lead Moderator

Here is the Ubee support page: Ubee Products

Found some more information here: Ubee Time Warner Cable

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums