Highlighted
Rookie

Printer Loses Wifi Connection

On the advice of Spectrum I recently upgraded my modem/router, even though I wasn't having any issues with the old one. The new one I got from them is a Technicolor TC8717T. I have an Epson XP-630 wireless printer, and now everytime I want to print I have to re-enter the wifi password. Never had this problem before and nothing else has changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Sharer

Re: Printer Loses Wifi Connection

Make sure sure the printer's IP address is not changing. Bind it in DHCP and then manually set it to use that address statically. Along with giving it a static address to save the password for, it will also speed up the resynch when it resumes from sleep/offline states.

If your system(s) recently had Windows updates, they may have monkeyed with the authentication scheme again... has happened a few times in the past.

Can try manually checking for follow up updates in the settings/security menus to see if they issued a patch for the patch. Could also check for driver/firmware updates for the printer.
Seasoned Contributor

My Hp printer use to lose it's wifi connection, when it went into power saving mode,  until I  reserved the ip of the printer in the router.  That solved my issue. 

Rookie

Thanks. Assigning a static ip to the printer appears to have solved the issue.

Rookie

Sorry. Guess I jumped the gun.  Printer worked fine for 3 or 4 times yesterday, but today the same issue reappeared. Have to reenter the wifi password to get it to work. Has to be something to do with the new Spectrum modem/router. Has been working fine for years before the modem was replaced.