Rookie

New brother 2740DW Printer and Ubee DVW32CB Modem/Router - Ubee needs replacing

I have the exact same problem as here: https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Home-Networking/New-brother-2740DW-Printer-and-Ubee-DVW32CB-Mo...

I have bought a second printer thinking the problem was there so now I feel very irritated since the Ubee modem is clearly the issue, now I understand.

I am a spectrum customer and would like a replacement modem/router that actually works.  How do I get this?

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Helper

Re: New brother 2740DW Printer and Ubee DVW32CB Modem/Router - Ubee needs replacing

@eusholli wrote:

I am a spectrum customer and would like a replacement modem/router that actually works.  How do I get this?

thank you

Preferred method is to exchange it at your local Spectrum store. If there isn't one near you then you should be able to call customer service and arrange for a shipment option or an in-home tech visit. 

Rookie

Re: New brother 2740DW Printer and Ubee DVW32CB Modem/Router - Ubee needs replacing

thank you.  Can I just turn up at a store if I can find one?  Or do I need an appointment?

regards
Geoff

Highlighted

Hi Geoff, 

Equipment can be exchanged at your local Spectrum store at anytime with no appointment needed.  A list of our store hours and locations can be found at http://bit.ly/2Sb1Tgu if you are not sure which store is closest. 

Regards,
Renee T.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

thank you Renee
Proven Sharer

It's  a good idea to call ahead that day and make sure the store actually still has the desired modem in stock.  They can put a "one-day reserve" hold on it so it is not handed out to anyone else before you get there.

Also, make sure you print out or write down all of your user-entered router settings so you can get back on line quickly after exchanging the Ubee box.