Not applicable

Netgear R8300 not working with the Arris modem provided...

So .. modem is getting signal , connected to 16 port switch , then the to netgear R8300 ,. The light on the wifi imindicated connected to the internet , but it won’t “broadcast”the internet. Tried hard wire from modem to a laptop , it works , modem to switch then hardware to the lap top , it worked also , but as soon as I connect to netgear - no dice , even if I hard wire it ??? So is my netgear about to turn into $300.00 junk?
3 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Netgear R8300 not working with the Arris modem provided...

Your switch should connected after the router. 

Modem ----> Router ----> Switch ----> Devices

Expert

reds91185 wrote:

Your switch should connected after the router. 

Modem ----> Router ----> Switch ----> Devices

Woman LOLCat LOLRobot LOLSmiley LOL

Another case of trying to pull multiple public IP's?

If the TWC device is an advanced gateway (all in one) and it's in NAT mode, you will create all sorts of issues as well.

If you need to configure it with multiple devices you must make sure the gateway and DHCP starts are on a different subnet .   

Otherwise, get rid of the switch, call twc, have them put their device in bridged mode and turn off it's wireless radioss, connect your router to it's first port and then your switch to one of your routers outputs.

Proven Sharer

@Jayeleazar

It's customary to mark your thread SOLVED (using the OPTIONS menu at the upper right)  if you found the forum's response satisfactory, or to post additional information if you still need technical help.