Highlighted
Newcomer

Having troubles when using Access Control with Sagemcom F@st5260

I've recently been in need of setting time limits for wifi access on my kids' devices. I set up access control settings to limit the wifi from late evening til early morning on about half of the connected devices on my home network.

The problem is that during the day when the access should be allowed, wifi was shut off to the devices I made schedules for. I'm reasonably sure I have the settings in the router app correct using the slider bar where time is indicated in military time format (like when 8pm is referred to 20hr, etc). I have not tried to block certain sites, I just want to turn it on and off on a schedule for certain devices. My only recourse has been to erase the schedules and return to the state of 'all allowed' which is not what I want. Also, I do not want to shut the router completely off, just some of the devices wifi access on a weekly schedule. 

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? I've tried resetting the schedule and it keeps disallowing access at the wrong time. Thanks in advance!

Danny

1 REPLY 1
Newcomer

Re: Having troubles when using Access Control with Sagemcom F@st5260

Think I've figured it out.

The router appears to have been set to UTC time and I am in the Pacific Time Zone, -8 hours difference.  I have gone into the maintenance tab of the router and reset the time zone to reflect PST -8.

It's a little odd that a router would be given to a customer that has not been pre-configured to reflect the customer's actual time zone. I'm lucky I could figure that out on my own but I would imagine your average customer would never find the answer without customer support.

Hope this helps omeone else experiencing problems with the Access Control function.