Lead Moderator

Re: Have Cable TV connected to wall outlet. Will need to connect Modem for Internet.

Hi @tomx2

If you want to have a professional installation you can set that up. If you were looking to do a self installation you should be able to do that since you are already receiving service at your location.

If you would like to subscribe to wireless through us we may provide a one piece or a separate modem and router that depends on your level of service and location.  

You can choose to purchase your own modem.  You can purchase an all in one or separate pieces. Please keep in mind if you own your own equipment we can not support that equipment, we will however still provide support for our service. 

If you decide to buy your own modem/router you can stop by one of our store locations to pick up a splitter if needed and coaxial cable if needed. There is not a charge for that. You can have them add Internet to the account at that time, go home connect everything and activate your modem -activating-new-modem- .   If you do not need to pick those things up you can buy your equipment and then simply call our sales department to subscribe to the Internet service and have them add your modem.  

If you are using our equipment and are subscribed to our wireless there will be a one time wireless activation fee and a recurring monthly fee of $5.00.  

The last bit about wireless cost. If you subscribe to Spectrum Ultra or Spectrum Gig the wireless comes with that plan with no $5.00 fee. You can still subscribe to Ultra or Gig and use your own router instead of ours, you are not obligated to use ours just because it comes with the package. 

Julia 

Observer

Re: Have Cable TV connected to wall outlet. Will need to connect Modem for Internet.

@Julia_R

Can I request from my local store to use their Spectrum Modem Only (free of charge). No Combo.

Also can I request a specific Modem that falls within the 100/10 internet speed I purchase. i.e. D-Link DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (DCM-301)

Will use my Router and do a 2 piece self-install.

Thanks.

Tomx2.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

You can request a modem only device, they may not have them in stock.

In most cases we would provide you with an all in one, if you want to use it as

a modem only we would put the modem in bridged mode so you can use your 

own router.  The modem with a Spectrum plan has no lease fee associated.

Make sure to let them know you do not want our wireless services. 

If you should decide at some point you want to add phone we would be able to 

provision that without a home visit. 

You will be given a modem that is able to be provisioned for the speed of the 

package you subscribe to.