Not applicable

Guest wifi

Hello, new to spectrum, will make this quick. How the heck do I set up a guest wifi access? I have different passwords for the 2g and 5g bands, but i dont even see an option for guest account like i had on fios...any input would be appreciated!!

4 REPLIES 4
Helper

Re: Guest wifi

@mtrivedi20 wrote:

Hello, new to spectrum, will make this quick. How the heck do I set up a guest wifi access? I have different passwords for the 2g and 5g bands, but i dont even see an option for guest account like i had on fios...any input would be appreciated!!

Which router are you using? If you're using the Spectrum supplied Wave 2 router there is no guest network option.

Proven Sharer

And if you are paying $5 per month for their home wifi, please buy a separate router, which will keep the cable company out of your netowrk, and will give you greater control.

Not applicable

Ok, thats unfortunate. , thanks for the info though. ...that being said, is there a 3rd party app or something that could do that? or is it router specific, maybe if i change the rounter?

THx

Highlighted
Helper

What router do you have now?

Yes, many consumer routers that you can buy have guest network capability. I currently use an Apple Airport Time Capsule that has it...and is the main reason I returned the Spectrum router.