Highlighted
Observer

Get Ubee modem out of bridge mode -- I can't see it on network

Hello,

Just got my TWC telephone service installed and I'm trying to configure the new modem. I already had TWC service with an Arris modem, so the tech just split the cable and put a new Ubee modem in the same room; he said the Arris was still my primary router and the Ubee was just for the telephone jacks. But the wifi on the Ubee was running so today I decided to log in to it and turn the wifi off.

I logged into the Ubee wifi and got into the GUI page in my browser. I was scrolling through the options and saw the option to Bridge -- at least I think that's what I selected. I was hoping to use the ethernet ports on the back for other devices (basically use it as a dumb switch). However, when the modem restarted I could no longer log back into it to configure anything else -- it's stuck in bridge mode.

The wifi is still active but when I select it I can't get an IP address, and no router address shows up either. If I enter 192.168.0.1 it can't find it. I tried using the reset button but once the router cycled there was no change. 

Any thoughts on how to return the router to normal so I can get back into it to disable the wifi? I know I probably should not have been mucking about in the settings Smiley Wink

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Get Ubee modem out of bridge mode -- I can't see it on network

Good afternoon, 

If you do a factory reset of the modem, that will restore the defaults for you.  There is a pinhole reset button on the back of the modem. It should be labeled "RESET" and you will need either a paperclip or a pen. Push it in with the paperclip or pen, hold it for 30 seconds and release. 

If you are still looking for assistance please feel free to contact our Social Media Customer Care team  

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.

Expert

You can't interconnect modems, buy a $29 ethernet switch.

When you change from nat to bridged, the webpage changes... Try 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1 and on an ethernet, not wireless connection.

Observer

Thank you, James! 

Just want to make sure that a factory reset will NOT screw up my phone service through the modem?

JVK

Expert

If phone does drop, you need to call twc, the wireless on it should be disabled anyway since you're using your own modem and router.....

Observer

UPDATE:

I used advice from both of you to resolve the issue. I reset the modem for 30 seconds and it did seem to clear the bridge mode. However, the default IP for the modem kept getting rerouted to the Arris, which was really odd. But when I used 198.168.100.1 I was able to log in to the Ubee with my browser. Success!

FYI the ethernet ports seem to be dead on the Ubee. Despite one of them having a green light on, a direct ethernet connection gave me no results. So while I disabled my 5ghz radio I'm keeping the 2.4ghz network on just as a backup in case I ever need to get into this box. 

Thanks!

Newcomer

Hi MSRaye,

You are the only person that could answer this question and I had the same issue. Could you tell me why my new linksys router is slower, even though I did bridge it?

I am not getting 100% download. For example direct attached to the modem i get 110 Download but via my router it is 75-80. And my router is bridged to the UBEE modem. Any thoughts please?

Thanks,

Jay