Newcomer

BRIDGING??

Arris TG1672G AND JUST ADD EERO MESH whiched suggested i bridge.  new to all this i'm confused as to what settings in the LAN NEED TO BE CHANGED and do i also change the setting anywhere else ie under  the basic setting do i remove that info as well?  and will i be able to access the page once all those settings are changed. TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Proven Sharer

Re: BRIDGING??

@channing2623 wrote:

Arris TG1672G AND JUST ADD EERO MESH whiched suggested i bridge.  new to all this i'm confused as to what settings in the LAN NEED TO BE CHANGED and do i also change the setting anywhere else ie under  the basic setting do i remove that info as well?  and will i be able to access the page once all those settings are changed. TIA

What are you actually trying to do?

I am not a fan of "WfFi Repeaters".  If I want to extend the WiFi in my home, I use a wired connection from the main router and add a second wireless access point. 

Helper

You should call customer service and ask them to put your gateway in bridge mode and disable wifi (so you aren't charged the monthly wifi fee and so you don't double NAT).  This will turn the Arris into a "dumb modem" with no routing functions.

Seasoned Contributor

Once Spectrum has placed your Gateway device into Bridge mode....run an ethernet cable from the Arris on Ethernet Port 1 to the wan/lan port on the Eero. Then plug an ethernet cable into the 2nd port of the Eero with a PC  and you should be able to access its GUI config page. Either from 192.168.1.0,192.168.1.1, 192.168.100.1,etc