Not applicable

Arris TM1602 modem and Arris TR4400 router - need help port forwarding

I recently was upgraded to the above equipment.  Prior equipment I was able to set up to port forward 5 internal IP cameras and it worked great.  Even though I have set up the router to port forward the same IP and port addresses I get nothing externally.  I can see them all internally but nothing external.  I have exhausted what I know to try and could really use some help.  I can find very little information about the above 2 anywhere, so I am asking for help here.  Thank you for any ideas!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Proven Sharer

Re: Arris TM1602 modem and Arris TR4400 router - need help port forwarding

Sounds like the TR4400 router is rented from Spectrum, so the port forwarding option is disabled. They may hesitate to unlock that advanced feature for you.  In that case you will need to buy your own router to enable port forwarding from your home LAN to your public IP address.  Remember that for remote viewing, each camera and the video server will all require assigning static IP addresses on your LAN, and they MUST be outside the DHCP range of the router.  Your camera supplier should have provided instructions with their equipment.  If you need help setting that feature up, reply back here; there are several forum members who can help you.

Not applicable

Yes the equipment is "rented" and we need to keep the modem due to VoIP usage.  The modem could be shelved though.  Any recommedations for home business/home usage?  No gaming but video conferencing, clip streaming etc.  The cameras had been working on the older "stuff" and had static IP addresses and ports using the camera mfg DDNS servers.  Why the need to place them outside the DCHP range?  Thank you for all the input.

Helper

Return the leased router and go back to using your own router. This way you can control the set up for it to work the way you had it.  True that you have to use the leased modem for phone, but you could add a splitter and use that modem for phone only and use your old modem/router for data.