ric
Rookie

Arris Model TG1672G trouble getting into settings

Hi TWC gave me the modem/router ARRIS Model TG1672G. I didn't subcribe to the wireless option. I want to use my own wireless router. I have not been able to connect it. I believe I have to get into the Arris router settings however I have not been able to. 

I have read that to get into a router's settings I only need to type in the  routers IPv4 Default Gateway into a web browser. I have looked up the routers IPv4 Default Gateway via windows 7 Network connection details. It hasn't worked I've tried several times and restarted both the modem and PC. I'm out of ideas.

Another issue i'm having that maybe related is with the linksys wireless router i want to connect. I have not been able to get into it's settings as well. However I believe this is because it is not working properly due to the Arris router. Everywhere I have looked made it look so easy to get into the router's settings, but I cannot.  I am totally out of ideas. Any serious help would be greatly appricated. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.

-ric

6 REPLIES 6
Expert

Re: Arris Model TG1672G trouble getting into settings

go to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 thru a wired connection.

ric
Rookie

HE Re: Arris Model TG1672G trouble getting into settings

The second one worked perfectly thanks!

ric
Rookie

Re: HE Re: Arris Model TG1672G trouble getting into settings

Lan Enable DHCP Server UNchecked

Nat Mode Bridged

unchecked everthing in both wireless tabs

enable firewall UNchecked

plugged in my wireless router was able to get into it's settings following it's user guide. and set up SSID and password. 

Ran some speed tests...

it slowed down a bit on wireless from like 80Mbps to 50Mbps...i'm pretty happy with this...for now...i'll check in later and look to see if there is anything i can do to improve speed with the settings. Thanks for your time! Have a nice day!

Expert

54 megs is a common limit on wireless speeds for old (non AC) devices 

remember it's divided up anyway so if there's a tv/computer streaming video, they will be using the 30+ megs.

Don't run everything wireless.

Be sure the routers time server is on and set to your time zone, set the wan side to autodetect settings.

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

The 54 Mbps limitation applies to wireless-N devices running on 2.4 GHz. If you need faster data transfer your device needs 802.11 A/C operating on 5 GHz. We usually suggest reserving your WiFi router's 5 GHz capabilities for video streaming applications.
Proven Sharer

No, no, no! Brain malfunction! The 54 Mbps limit applies to Wireless G. Some older devices won't run N on 2.4 , and that could be part of your problem. High speeds needed for streaming video belong on a wired connection or 5 GHz.