Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Spectrum WiFi Hotspots Frequently Asked Questions

Spectrum WiFi Hotspots Map

Spectrum offers several hotspot options so you can stay connected when you’re on the go.

Choosing Your Hotspot

As a Spectrum Internet customer, you have unlimited access to the following hotspots:

• SpectrumWiFi
  • SpectrumWiFi Plus
  • CableWiFi
  • Boingo

Spectrum-branded hotspots are the way to go when you’re in a Spectrum service area. We recommend SpectrumWiFi Plus for encrypted security. To use SpectrumWiFi Plus, you’ll need to download the secure profile to your mobile device first — it’s fast and easy.

CableWiFi and Boingo are best to use when SpectrumWiFi and SpectrumWiFi Plus aren’t available. Make CableWiFi and Boingo your traveling companions — they’re available in thousands of locations across the United States.

Not a Spectrum Internet customer?

You can sign up for an Access pass. You can even try it out with a 30-minute free trial. You can use your Access Pass with SpectrumWiFi hotspots only (not CableWiFi or Boingo.)

Hotspot Locations

SpectrumWiFi hotspots are available in select locations. You’ll find them in the list of available networks on your WiFi-enabled device.

Spectrum WiFi Hotspots FAQ

Spectrum WiFi FAQ

Who can use Spectrum WiFi?

Spectrum WiFi and partner hotspots are available to Spectrum Internet customers at no additional charge. Once you sign in with your username and password, you're connected to Spectrum WiFi hotspots automatically.

If you're not a Spectrum customer, you can connect to the Spectrum WiFi network using a free trial or by purchasing an Access Pass.

How do I connect to a Spectrum WiFi hotspot?

1. To use a Spectrum WiFi hotspot, find the Spectrum, or partner, network in your device WiFi settings.
  2. Sign in using your Spectrum Account credentials (the same username and password you use to access your online account and Spectrum apps).
  3. You’re now connected to Spectrum WiFi.

What is the Spectrum WiFi Plus profile?

If you prefer a more secure and automatic connection, you can download the Spectrum WiFi profile on to your device.

Once you install the profile, your device will automatically connect to our more secure hotspots whenever you're in range. You won't need to manually connect again.

Is the Spectrum WiFi network secure?

The Spectrum WiFi network uses secure sign-in and authentication protocols. If you're Spectrum Internet customer, choose the Spectrum WiFi Plus network (when available). It provides an additional layer of encryption (security).

Free Trial FAQ

What is a free trial access code?

Sometimes free trial access codes for Spectrum WiFi hotspots are offered at events or through other marketing activities.

Note: If you're a Spectrum Internet customer, you don't need to use the free trial.

To use a free trial access code:

1. Select the Spectrum WiFi network on your device.
  2. Open your browser. A connection page is displayed.
  3. Select Other Ways to Connect, and then select Redeem Code.
  4. Enter your email, ZIP and Access Code, and then select Get Access.

Now you can enjoy Spectrum WiFi!

How does the free trial work?

The free trial begins when you first access the network. If you disconnect before your time has expired, you can reconnect on the same device and use the remaining time that's left. If you want to continue using the internet at the end of the free trial period, you can purchase an Access Pass starting at just $2.95 per hour.

How do I continue to get WiFi access after my free trial ends?

You can purchase an Access Pass starting at just $2.95 per hour or you can sign up for Spectrum Internet service.

Access Pass FAQ

What is an Access Pass?

If you're not a Spectrum Internet customer, you can get prepaid access to the Spectrum WiFi network with an Access Pass. You can purchase an Access pass for an hour, 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days.

Where can I connect using an Access Pass?

After you've connected the first time with a valid and active Access Pass, your device connects to other Spectrum WiFi hotspots automatically. Some Spectrum WiFi hotspots won't support your Access Pass because they're located outside the Charter Communications service area.

How do I purchase an Access Pass?

1. Select the Spectrum WiFi network on your device.
  2. Open your browser. A connection page is displayed.
  3. Select Other Ways to Connect.
  4. Select Create Access Pass Account.
  5. Choose from the access plan options.
  6. Follow the prompts, enter your info and make your payment.
  7. Select Confirm & Connect.

You're all set!

When does my Access Pass time begin?

Your time begins when you sign in to the network and remains active for the consecutive amount of time purchased. Your confirmation email also contains detailed information.

Do I need to sign in every time I want to connect after I've purchased an Access Pass?

No. After you connect for the first time with an Access Pass, your device automatically connects to other Spectrum WiFi hotspots within the Spectrum serviceable area. If you use another device, you'll need to sign in using the credentials you created at the time of purchase.

How do I find out how much time is left on my Access Pass?

Each time you successfully connect to a Spectrum WiFi hotspot and open your browser, a welcome page displays the time available on your Access Pass. Your confirmation email also contains detailed information.

Is there a limit to the number of devices I can use to connect using my Access Pass?

There is no limit to the number of devices, however up to 3 devices using the same credentials can connect to the network at the same time. If you're using a new device, sign in using the credentials you created at the time of purchase.