Not applicable

sure heard this before, fast forward capability.....

Hello. We were long time Directv customers but recently came back to TWC after 15 year hiatus. Basically, we are please with TWC/Spectrum however disappointed at the inability to fast forward for a great deal of VOD programming.

Now that Charter has purchased TWC and TWC is now Spectrum, is there any possibility that DVR Compensation ( ability to fast forward on all programming shows thru commercials ) will return ?  I saw previous posts about this issue but all were prior to the recent purchase of TWC by Charter. Curious if plans in the works to bring back this feature thanks

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Established Sharer

Re: sure heard this before, fast forward capability.....

@essence0970 wrote:

Hello. We were long time Directv customers but recently came back to TWC after 15 year hiatus. Basically, we are please with TWC/Spectrum however disappointed at the inability to fast forward for a great deal of VOD programming.

============

Content owners, not Spectrum, determine if you can fast forward, and most  forbid it due to imbedded commercials that they want seen.

It's the primary reason WHY I use my DVR instead of VOD.

Expert

DVR's, especially leased ones can have the FF locked out so you have to watch commercials.

Not applicable

Thanks

Trusted Helper

@MsRaye wrote:

DVR's, especially leased ones can have the FF locked out so you have to watch commercials.

Hi,

I have never had a problem Fast-Forwarding commercials on my DVR.  But for VOD, most of the time, you have to watch the commercials within the program.  That is a condition many times of the host provider offering the VOD content in the first place.

Satch