Rookie

rewind-pause-ff

We had a box with the new guide software.  We do not have DVR but we could rewind-pause-ff.
All of a sudden that stopped working. I took the box back, recieved a different one with the old guide (That's what we wanted). We still ahve the same issue. I called tech support. She was no help at all, said it was my fault. That I hooked it up wrong, and wanted to schedule a service call. My question, do i need DVR service for this to work. It was working last week without it. 
Or do i have to go back and get a box with the new guide, and maybe the 1st one returned was bad. The TWC page says you can use the Start over feature with out DVR. I do not have that option.
Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
Spectrum Employee

Re: rewind-pause-ff

The only content you can pause, rewind, or fast forward when not a dvr subscriber is Video On Demand content.  Live TV would not give this option.  

Please be aware although I am a Spectrum/TWC Employee, My posts are my own perspectives and understandings. Not Official Statements of my employer.
Trusted Helper

@JamesJohn wrote:

The only content you can pause, rewind, or fast forward when not a dvr subscriber is Video On Demand content.  Live TV would not give this option.  

This is correct,

You should contact TWC with some account information and ask about upgrading to DVR service.  Ask about what special promotions to which you may be entitled.  You MUST have DVR service for full RW-Pause-FF functionality  Send account information in a PM to @Forums_Help asking about upgrading to DVR service and what deals are available.

Try to get a Cisco, Arris, or Samsung box.  They have the latest guide and more modern features. and storage.  SA, and Motorola boxes are much slower, have less storage and are much older hardware wise.

Satch

Rookie

That is weird...we could do it until a week ago
Not applicable

Timewarner customers check your bill.

#timewarnercable #twc Sayre, PA office -i was up-charged for enhanced DVR services despite not requesting or made aware the charge was added. I requested DVR services to record a show and have forward/reverse/pause functions And given a price via a phone call and online chat. Sayre office added the dvr price (ok) + a $3 fee (not ok) for services not requested. FCC complaint filed. The office clerk works on salary+commission. This sounds a little like Wells Fargo scandal. I am notifying our local community as well as many people as possible to address the stealng.

Everyone's Tags (1)
Trusted Helper

@AthensAreaCust wrote:

Timewarner customers check your bill.

#timewarnercable #twc Sayre, PA office -i was up-charged for enhanced DVR services despite not requesting or made aware the charge was added. I requested DVR services to record a show and have forward/reverse/pause functions And given a price via a phone call and online chat. Sayre office added the dvr price (ok) + a $3 fee (not ok) for services not requested. FCC complaint filed. The office clerk works on salary+commission. This sounds a little like Wells Fargo scandal. I am notifying our local community as well as many people as possible to address the stealng.

Hello,

The TWC-Spectrum rep was negligent in not mentioning to you that there is a $3.00 fee added for the enhanced DVR six tuner boxes.  If you are still with TWC, this is policy.  It may also be included with some Triple Play Packages as is my case here in Wisconsin.  If you are on Spectrum billing, some divisions are allowing customers to keep their enhanced six-tuner DVR's when moving to a Spectrum Package and others are not.  I am hoping that by next year, people will be able to keep their six tuner boxes across states when Spectrum billing becomes available,  It is so much nicer to have six tuners than dropping back down to two tuners,  No more show conflicts!

Satch