Browser

guide unavailable (stba-3101)?

New customer, starting to get a bit concerned with my choice to switch.    Getting fairly regular errors with the STB, the latest one related to the Guide.    Does anyone know what the error message tells me to do? 

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: guide unavailable (stba-3101)?

@tomb73 wrote:

New customer, starting to get a bit concerned with my choice to switch.    Getting fairly regular errors with the STB, the latest one related to the Guide.    Does anyone know what the error message tells me to do? 

Hi Tim b,

If a cold reboot of the New Spectrum Guide box does not resolve this error message, try to swap out the box for one with a clock for a better user experience.  The new Spectrum Guide is very buggy.  I would also set up an appointment for a signal and drop line test.  Don't reboot anything for six hours before your service call.  A new box won't solve bad signals.  But the boxes with the clocks on them thankfully don't have the buggy Spectrum Guide yet.  Post back what the tech does,

Satch

Browser

Tech came out and checked our wiring, indicated a number of errors in the logs, found some 'splitters' that had been installed by Verizon for their Fios service, and rewired and removed as many of those as he could (I think there is still 1 left).   Seemed pleased with the line after that, but we have had a couple of instances of the Guide Not Available message since then.    Restarting the STB put it right, but am a bit nervous that we have to restart the device to get this resolved is ominous.

Browser

I do not like this new 210 DVR set top box. I am having the same issues and then some.

Constantly getting the Guide not available error.   This prevents access to DVR and On Demand. When I try to rewind live TV the progress bar displays but when I try backing up the recording it freezes the screen.  I think it is backing up behind the scene, just not showing the progress.  All of a sudden the screen displays 30 minutes in the past?  It then takes all kinds of trial and error to get back to live TV.  I can't believe the remote does not have a "Live TV" button.  The old remote did so you could jump right back to Live TV.  

It is also not compatible with their phone app. I can't not manage my DVR from the phone app. I will take it back and try to exchange it for the one with a clock but it aggravates the crap out of me that I have to do this.  The people and line at the Spectrum brick and mortar store are worse than the DMV.  This is going to be two hours of my live I will not get back.   

The technician has already be out once and exchanged the 2 day old 210 box for a new 210 box.  I wish he would have given me the previous model.  

Browser

It had been a while since I had been to a Spectrum location.  The customer service people were very friendly and helpful. 

I thought they would ask me why I was exchanging my box.  They did not.  As our conversation progresses I figured out why.  They already knew.  They said know of the employees use the new box.  They know better.  They deal with a steady stream of complaints about them. 

I hooked up the new (old) box and all is right with the world again.

Trusted Helper

@dgrinnan wrote:

It had been a while since I had been to a Spectrum location.  The customer service people were very friendly and helpful. 

I thought they would ask me why I was exchanging my box.  They did not.  As our conversation progresses I figured out why.  They already knew.  They said know of the employees use the new box.  They know better.  They deal with a steady stream of complaints about them. 

I hooked up the new (old) box and all is right with the world again.

Greetings,

There are known issues with the new World Boxes (no clocks) that have the new Spectrum guide on them.  What I have heard through the grapvine is that the 201 model is better than the 210.  201 typically runs the ODN Navigator Guide.  210 runs the New Spectrum Guide, and that still has bugs.

If you are running the 210 model box and Spectrum Guide is out in your area, you may have problems.  Customers are requesting boxes with clocks to get the ODN guide on it instead of Spectrum Guide.  There is an update going out to Spectrum Guide to help with some of these issues.

Out of curiosity, what's the make and model of the old box you have?

Satch

Browser

Sorry for the delayed response.

Arris/Motorola DVR Model: DCX3510