Valued Participant

changes channels on it's own

I'm annoyed again, well at least annoyed that I feel the need to post again Smiley Happy

I'm not sure if it's just our box, or if this has happened to others. Since the last software update, we noticed another change. Whenever we shutdown the cable/tv for the day/night-we always leave it on our local ABC station. For some reason we now turn it on, to discover it has changed to channel one-the Spectrum channel. It does this everytime we turn it off. Good thing we have the 6 recording dvr-so it's not changing over from something that was recording.

Also-we record some Bravo series(yes, it's a guilty pleasure folks). We always set it for a later time than the original airing. However when we get to the day of-the recording has switched to the original airing time. It does this every single time. This is a network that has a gazzillion multiple airings of it's shows-so there's no reason for it to switch like that. Do you think it's Spectrum, or a ghost? I know this part of the post could go under channels/programming also-but not sure if it could be the equipment.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Observer

Re: changes channels on it's own

Set your power on channel. On remote press settings. Right arrow button to display. Up /down button to power on channel, Press select. Press select on last channel.

Community Manager

@sweetpea12 , 

As well, here is a link for Setting You Power On Channel.  It includes instructions for the different guides. 

Trusted Helper

@sweetpea12 wrote:

I'm annoyed again, well at least annoyed that I feel the need to post again Smiley Happy

I'm not sure if it's just our box, or if this has happened to others. Since the last software update, we noticed another change. Whenever we shutdown the cable/tv for the day/night-we always leave it on our local ABC station. For some reason we now turn it on, to discover it has changed to channel one-the Spectrum channel. It does this everytime we turn it off. Good thing we have the 6 recording dvr-so it's not changing over from something that was recording.

Also-we record some Bravo series(yes, it's a guilty pleasure folks). We always set it for a later time than the original airing. However when we get to the day of-the recording has switched to the original airing time. It does this every single time. This is a network that has a gazzillion multiple airings of it's shows-so there's no reason for it to switch like that. Do you think it's Spectrum, or a ghost? I know this part of the post could go under channels/programming also-but not sure if it could be the equipment.

Solution for your guide is also here:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/After-software-update-tuner-does-not-save-last-chann...

Satch

Valued Participant

Lol, thank you to all who replied. However, it is set to channel 12. This was actually one of the firts things we looked at-especially since we know it happened after the update.