Observer

box forgetting the purchase pin i set up

so the box in the bedroom wich is an arris DCX3200-M forgot the purchase in that i setup on it. what is causing this issue is it unplugging it and doing a reboot once a month 

5 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: box forgetting the purchase pin i set up

@krel_2018 wrote:

so the box in the bedroom wich is an arris DCX3200-M forgot the purchase in that i setup on it. what is causing this issue is it unplugging it and doing a reboot once a month 

It's a  bit difficult to determine exactly what you are saying above.  You definitely should not be leaving the set-top box unplugged overnight, since that is when the updates are sent out to subscribers.  If both the local cable network and your connection are performing properly you should not need to unplug and reset your cable box or internet modem, nor should either one be resetting itself once a month. 

If your service quality is not up to your expectations, you should call in to schedule a drop-line check performed by a Spectrum home service tech.  It is important that you NOT unplug any boxes for at least six hours ahead of your scheduled service visit. 

Helper

@krel_2018 wrote:

Are you saying that the box is not saving the purchase PIN you selected or you forgot the PIN? Also, why are unplugging and doing a monthly reboot?

Observer

ok here we go.
i go in the menu and i enter the default purchase pin and then i set up a new pin for the box to block people from ordering stuff. but when i try and order stuff it forgets the pin i put in and reverts back to the original pin. and i know that no one else has the pin that i put in. i never leave the box unplugged over night or for long periods of time i don't want to miss the updates if they send any out.. i had an arris1601 that loved to reset itself all the time but that's been replaced with there newest one
Observer

yep once i enter my purchase pin about a month later it forgets it. i am unplugging once a month to reboot because that's what tech support told me to do to refresh everything. but i agree with the poster above you that we should not have to reboot once a month if everything is working fine in the cable system!!!!
Observer

i tried getting a drop line test and they refused. there excuse was is there's other subcribers in your area using our services so i didn't need one!!! after they said that i'm about to take my money and go elsewhere