Helper

Re: ‘Your TV Picture will turn off soon’

@Rodneal1948 wrote:
Since both you and Julie mentioned searching into the TV capabilities, we have a Sony and it does have an energy ‘eco’ mode. Went in and shut all of it off. Now we shall see! Odd that this just started happening even tho we’ve had this TV and Spectrum service for years. I’ll report back. Thanks for your help!

Is the tv internet connected? Maybe it recently downloaded a firmware or software update.

Trusted Helper

@Rodneal1948 wrote:
Thanks for this helpful info. We do have a Sony and went in to turn off all ‘eco’ timers etc. We shall see if that does the trick. Oddly, this never happened before in all the 5 years we’ve had this TV and Spectrum. Stay tuned!

This is good!

I Googled last night "Your TV Will Turn Off Soon" and this came up FROM SONY!

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00025316

I can't see where it talks about the "Eco" technologies.  But what's moving me towards a TV issue and not a Spectrum issue is the following:

The only time Spectrum Equipment displays a message like that is in boxes that have a sleep timer or Power Mode Saver in the software.  You turned power mode off. And ODN (Your box's software) does not have a sleep timer.

If this WAS a Spectrum issue, we would be seeing the box turning off but no warning message before (certainly not with power saver mode off.)  If any box is going to turn off the picture and keep the audio going it's not going to show a warning message first.

The fact that you are getting a warning message first and the TV goes off, says that this IS a TV setting that needs adjusting.  Why all this time with no problems?  Could somebody have accidentally activated this setting using the Sony TV remote? Or a button on the TV to activate this setting?

And if this WAS a Spectrum software issue, your whole node would be bombarding the call center with calls and tickets.  It doesn't sound like this is happening.  How long have you had the Sony TV?

If the TV setting change you made does not work, my previous post recomendations should be tried.

Satch

Observer

Thanks! Yes it must have been the Sony TV. We don’t know how or when the setting changed as none of us did it. I was asked if the TV is connected to the internet and maybe Sony pushed an update. It’s possible but again we are unsure. Anyway, it was at our end not spectrum. Your assessment that others would have the issue sounds totally correct. Thanks for weighing in and helping!
Observer

That fixed it! Hasn’t happened all day. Many thanks to all! Appreciate your help and responsiveness.
Observer

Watch, thanks for your help! Appreciate your taking the time to help me through this. Much appreciated.
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@Rodneal1948 wrote:
Watch, thanks for your help! Appreciate your taking the time to help me through this. Much appreciated.

Cool!

Rodneal,

You should mark this as "Solved." Than it goes into our forum database to help other customers.

Satch