Highlighted
Newcomer

Whole House DVR

Explain whole house DVR options.

Can I remotely start the DVR to record from another room useing the remote thru a set top box (SMT-H3362)??

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Whole House DVR

With whole house DVR, typically, there will be only one box that will do the recording , but you will have the option to view recorded programming on any box. In order to initiate the recording, you either need to be in the vicinity of the box or you can schedule recordings via the TWCTV app or directly from https://myservices.timewarnercable.com/

Newcomer

So the answer to my question is no. 

You can only initate a recording directly at the DVR box, or TWCTV app

Thank You

Expert

Charter spectrum is doing away with WHDVR's anyway so this may be a non-issue next year.

Rookie

MsRaye, where did you hear that they are getting rid of WHDVR's?  We haven't added it to our account, however we wanted to.   Why would they be getting rid of it?

Observer

I called today to see if I can get, and was told its no longer available.  However, was told it might be coming as Spectrum is working on it.

Neithe side seemed to be well prepared for this merger it seems.

Not applicable

BEWARE - if you currently have a Time Warner plan with whole house DVR, do NOT switch to a Spectrum plan!!  I called to today because I saw some new channels on the guide and was told if I switched to the "Gold" plan, I would get the new channels.  I told the sales rep that my DVR's are currently synced and was assured nothing would change by switching. WRONG - i found out a few hours later when I tried watching a show I had previously recorded and could not watch on another TV.  I immediately called them  back and was told - oops, sorry but Spectrum does not have whole house DVR service and I could not switch back to the TW plan I had just a few hours earlier - really, how is that even possible??!!  Needless to say, I already have an appointment with Direct TV - I have had nothing but problems since this merger and customer retention seems not to be their priority - all I get every time I have had an issue (ISSUES CREATED BY THEM!), is we "apologize" for the inconvenience, sorry, etc. - I am DONE!  The departments are just too scattered and unorganized and NO one seems to know what the other departments are doing/have done.  RUN, DO NOT WALK TO ANOTHER CARRIER TODAY!!

Rookie

When watching recorded shows, are there any fast forwarding issues with the remote boxes? 

Newcomer

Yes I am having that issue with no reolution in sight.