Newcomer

Whole House DVR Removed

Hello,

Today because my bulk cable package was canceld through the HOA they switched everthing over and whoever did this removed the whole house DVR coding from my account.  I spent an hour on the phone to find this out and was told there is nothing they could do to add it back, and offered me a one time 20 dollar credit for a service I was paying more for, does not sound like my bill is going down though.

My question is, is it truley impossible for them to add it back or are they just lazy.

I really can't believe I'm being told we broke it and we're not going to fix it...what terrible customer service!

Frankly this is a deal breaker, if they can't fix it I'm swtching providers.  

3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: Whole House DVR Removed

@skardonsky wrote:

Hello,

Today because my bulk cable package was canceld through the HOA they switched everthing over and whoever did this removed the whole house DVR coding from my account.  I spent an hour on the phone to find this out and was told there is nothing they could do to add it back, and offered me a one time 20 dollar credit for a service I was paying more for, does not sound like my bill is going down though.

My question is, is it truley impossible for them to add it back or are they just lazy.

I really can't believe I'm being told we broke it and we're not going to fix it...what terrible customer service!

Frankly this is a deal breaker, if they can't fix it I'm swtching providers.  

Was the bulk deal with legacy TWC cable?  The general rules for WHDVR are the following:

1.) WHDVR is a legacy service that was provided by TWC.

2.) You could keep WHDVR if you are on a legacy plan or switch to a Spectrum plan.

3.) But if you move, you would lose WHDVR.  Spectrum does not do WHDVR for new installs.

I am not sure if they would be able to add the codes back or not?  We'll see what a moderator recommends in regards to this topic.

Satch

Helper

Pretty sure your situation would put you in the "new account" category since the prior was a bulk HOA deal.

Spectrum does not offer WHDVR to new customers or new accounts. You have options though:

1. Switch providers to one that does have the capability (DISH, Directv).

2. Rather than use Spectrum leased DVR boxes, use a cablecard device (TiVo) that offers the feature.

I personally have Spectrum cable and lease a cablecard and tuner adapter for $2 which is paired with a TiVo Bolt in the living room and a Mini for the bedroom. All recordings are available on both devices (as well as devices with the TiVo mobile app installed or I could add more Minis for other rooms if I wish).

Highlighted
Community Manager

@skardonsky , 

We apologize for the frustration.  I can confirm that Whole House DVR is a legacy TWC feature that is not offered with Spectrum Plans.  Once the service has been discontinued, it cannot be re-enabled.  We do offer a Cloud DVR service that may suit your needs.