Not applicable

Whole Home DVR

Will Spectrum ever offer Whole Home DVR recording and watching in different rooms of recorded shows ?

9 REPLIES 9
Trusted Helper

Re: Whole Home DVR

Not likely,

Legacy TWC/BHN subs can keep WHDVR systems and may even switch to a Spectrum Plan.  But Spectrum will not do new installs for WHDVR.

The plan instead is for the DVR's to become cloud-based.  Allowing all data on the servers instead of the boxes.  This means that in the future, should your box die, your shows will be brought down from the server once the new box is activated.  When implemented, this will mean that shows and series will last through equipment swaps until you delete them.

Satch

Community Manager

Whole Home DVR is currently a legacy TWC service.  The service is not available with Spectrum Pricing Plans and there are currently no plans to add Whole Home DVR in the future.    

Helper

Probably at some point, but they have not announced anything officially so the best answer to your question is... Whole Home DVR is not offered to new customers or as an upgrade for existing customers. It is still supported for existing customers that already had it when it was offered by TWC.

There are ways to get WHDVR if you really want it. I use a TiVo Bolt with a CableCARD and a TiVo Mini and have this feature. I can also watch DVR recordings through the TiVo app. 

Not applicable

So with the Tivo Bolt and the Mini you can watch and record shows in other rooms with pause and play ?  How do you go about getting a Cable Card ?

Thanks, Nick

Not applicable

Thanks
Not applicable

Thanks

Community Manager

@xlowes wrote:

How do you go about getting a Cable Card ?

You can contact CableCard support directly at 1-866-532-2598 for information about ordering and activating CableCard.    

Helper

@xlowes wrote:

So with the Tivo Bolt and the Mini you can watch and record shows in other rooms with pause and play ?  How do you go about getting a Cable Card ?

Thanks, Nick

Yes it is all very seamless. The Mini requires a physical connection to the same network the main TiVo is on, whether ethernet or coax via MoCA. I was able to pick up a CableCARD and tuner adapter at my local Spectrum store.

The tuner adapter is required if any channels in your package are SDV (switched digital video).

Highlighted
Browser

Just to add to reds91185 post about TiVo Mini connect I put on same on same network using powerline ethernet adapters which is another option. One of them I connected to my wireless router and the other connected to TiVo Mini. When I activated the TiVo Mini I connected to wireless router and to another HDMI port on the TV so would be activated on same network.