Observer

Re: When is cloud DVR coming?

this is a good way to get customers to pay for faster internet speeds since the guide will download faster with a faster internet connection Smiley Sad
Lead Moderator

Hi @krel_2018  The Internet speed you subscribe to would not affect 

the guide in the DVR. The DVR has its own built in modem. The 

2 devices are not tied.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

ok then then they need to put better modems on the boxes because the guide froze up when i had the world box and made the box do stupid things!!! i think i would rather have the guide downloaded to the box and have a longer boot time than dealing with all of the cloud rubbish.

ant
Established Sharer

@krel_2018 wrote:

ok then then they need to put better modems on the boxes because the guide froze up when i had the world box and made the box do stupid things!!! i think i would rather have the guide downloaded to the box and have a longer boot time than dealing with all of the cloud rubbish.

Ditto. Even with Arris' DCX cable boxes' guides have issues when looking up details, searching, etc.

Not applicable

I'm surprised people want the guide and recordings in the cloud. Once the internet goes down we're hosed. This is mainly cost savings for Spectrum. No hard drives lowers the cost of the boxes and more margins. You know they won't lower the monthly fee for each box. It would be nice to have some 21st century technology in the new boxes (external SATA hard drive ability for one). I came over from DTV because of price and I'm amazed at how lacking in features these new boxes are.  

Observer

a tech said there rolling it out this year!!! from what he told me storage is unlimited also but it's either gonna have 4 or 6 tuners WTH. it's the cloud it should be unlimited tuners. and still no idea weather it will be a whole home system since spectrum don't support whole home. and it will be an extra 4.99 a month on top of the dvr fee and the box rental!!!

Observer

i always heard the 6 tunder boxes cost em a mint to make. i don't belive that for one minute. they bought so many of em and i am sure they got a bulk rate and they paid pennies on the dollar for em they bought so many of em more than likely they didn't even get a warranty on them.. like when DELL or HP buys HDD's they buy em in bulk and pay next to nothing for em and they don't get the warranty either because they buy so many. i don't know why people want there crap in the cloud your internet goes down your hosed let alone i have a few cloud sites loose my crap lesson learned not that it matters on the guid and tv shows but still

Observer

haha you got that right ant. sometimes it will just sit there with a circle spinning grrr. i love the 6 tuner box but i hate the guide with a passion on it it's just old faithfull though. i had 5 world boxes and every one of them was a disater from the guide not downloading to not being able to recover the HDD i spent three HR'S on the phone with a tech one night trying to make one work. when i came over from dish i was blown away how stoneage everything is. one my promo is over i will more than likely head back over to dish as i loved the hopper 3 with the 4k joeys!!!

Observer

instead of moving everything to the cloud why don't they make to where you can watch your channels from your smartphone or tablet as i have noticed that when your on a cell conn that you loose alot of channels as well as you cannot watch recorded content from the DVR using the spectrum my t.v. app

Observer

as a tech told me it will be an extra 4.99 a month on top of the DVR fee and box rentals. it will only have 4 or 6 tuners as well sigh. it's cloud it should be unlimited recording lol. but i am sure there limiting the tuners for the bandwith (edited) that record everthing in sight!!! as they have to pay for the bandwith to!!! i am not gonna jump on it id'e rather have my stuff on my HDD there's nothing worth keeping to cry over loosing on t.v. look at the world box that's a disater and they tested it for two years before they released it!!!! i can't wait to see all of the problems with the cloud service. and from my understanding you will watch t.v. like as with a regular box but the guide and your recordings will be in the cloud. this should be interesting!!! he also told me it will be out this year. i am sure spectrum will advertise it hard when it's released