Newcomer

Re: When is cloud DVR coming?

I'm using YouTubeTV.  It includes unlimited cloud DVR and it's the only streaming service that offers all of my local channels along with other popular channels we tend to watch most. Others are offering one or two local channels, but YouTubeTV got it right from the start. If Spectrum decides to compete with a similar service for less money, then I'll move.  Right now Spectrum only gets money from me for their Internet service.  They could increase their revenue significantly if they were to add a cloud DVR service to their streaming package.  Until that happens, I believe they're throwing away an opportunity.

Observer

i haven't tried youtube t.v. for two factors. most online streaming services are not there yet as far as being reliable and not having the channels that i watch. one big turn off for me is there pre paid and NO refunds so if something goes south good luck at getting a refund!!! though some are better than others at helping the customer. sling t.v. is the worst streaming service i have used!!!! i heard that cloud dvr is comming out on march 19th and it will be an extra 4.99 a month!!! personally i am NOT willing to pay the extra 4.99 a month to save my shows in the cloud if the internet goes down i am screwed among other problems that might happen along the way should be interesting to see how many issues there is with that!!! and i am also not willing to pay the extra 4.99 a month because i can't take my t.v. with me once i disconnect from my home wifi i loose half of my channels such (edited). it's bad enough i can't watch recorded stuff on the fly from the dvr but when they limit your live tv that's a deal breaker for me. even more so since i was told i could take my tv with me when i signed up. i know with dish you can take your tv with you and watch stuff recorded off the dvr to!!!

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

The forum volunteers are here to assist you in reducing or resolving issues with your present service.  Since none of us are Spectrum employees except the moderators, we aren't well equipped to help with speculation about future product features.