Observer

Re: When is cloud DVR coming?

this is a good way to get customers to pay for faster internet speeds since the guide will download faster with a faster internet connection Smiley Sad
Lead Moderator

Hi @krel_2018  The Internet speed you subscribe to would not affect 

the guide in the DVR. The DVR has its own built in modem. The 

2 devices are not tied.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Observer

ok then then they need to put better modems on the boxes because the guide froze up when i had the world box and made the box do stupid things!!! i think i would rather have the guide downloaded to the box and have a longer boot time than dealing with all of the cloud rubbish.

ant
Established Sharer

@krel_2018 wrote:

ok then then they need to put better modems on the boxes because the guide froze up when i had the world box and made the box do stupid things!!! i think i would rather have the guide downloaded to the box and have a longer boot time than dealing with all of the cloud rubbish.

Ditto. Even with Arris' DCX cable boxes' guides have issues when looking up details, searching, etc.

Not applicable

I'm surprised people want the guide and recordings in the cloud. Once the internet goes down we're hosed. This is mainly cost savings for Spectrum. No hard drives lowers the cost of the boxes and more margins. You know they won't lower the monthly fee for each box. It would be nice to have some 21st century technology in the new boxes (external SATA hard drive ability for one). I came over from DTV because of price and I'm amazed at how lacking in features these new boxes are.