Rookie

Video Source Button: Alternate to Hitting that Button a thousand times

I have bad hands and having to hit the video source button a dozen times to get it to cycle back to the choice above the one I want is not an option.  It will be annoying to have to keep the TV remote just so I can easily do this one function.  The arrow keys on the cable remote don't work for this nor does typing in the associated number (that changes channels).  I have turned off the Recently Viewed functionality cuz that used to get launched by the arrow keys, but that didn't do the trick.

I have a brand new UR5U-8780L-TWC remote.

3 REPLIES 3
Expert

Re: Video Source Button: Alternate to Hitting that Button a thousand times

stick both remotes to a tupperware lid with velcro... It's the only solution.

Woman Wink

Rookie

What about... is there a way to have the system default to cable when turning it on?

Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

@suebowen212 wrote:

What about... is there a way to have the system default to cable when turning it on?

Most newer or High Definition Televisions should already do this by Default.

Spectrum's Remotes, while universal remotes, do not retain some of the more native functions of the television or monitor you are using. Generally the remotes provided will only function with the volume and power of your device, and the Video Source will only function for some models depending on their programming.

Because the remotes are universal, they do not contain the special programing, like some samsung remotes where you actually have to press "select" or "ok" with the remote to indicate what it is you are attempting to do with the television.

In these instances, it is better to use your other remote to make it easier to use, because there is no way to make the remote function better than what it is programmed to do in the first place, and is one of the limitations of the remotes themselves.

I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you were seeking but there is little more that can be done aside from using a secondary remote control.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.