Not applicable

Re: Very Hot Coax/Outlet

I'm having issues with the forums.. So I'm sorry, please bare with me. I put in a ticket and a Tech was supposed to show and never did... I never received the normal automated call but a private number had called, rung once and hung up... Now I can't seem to reach anyone to help, it's very weird. I digress, I have concluded the cable from the wall is not grounded... I probably shouldn't have tested it this way but I did... LOL. So, with everything hooked up as normal I removed the cord from the port and put it back in causing some small sparks/arcing... I disconnected the cord from the cable box and did the same, no arcing/sparking... So now I figured it was coming from the cable box or the wall...I plugged cord back into the box and I disconnected the coax from the box and tried again no sparking/arcing... So how do I check to see if there is for sure current coming from the wall coax outlet?
Trusted Helper

Re: Very Hot Coax/Outlet

@MasterNameless wrote:
I'm having issues with the forums.. So I'm sorry, please bare with me. I put in a ticket and a Tech was supposed to show and never did... I never received the normal automated call but a private number had called, rung once and hung up... Now I can't seem to reach anyone to help, it's very weird. I digress, I have concluded the cable from the wall is not grounded... I probably shouldn't have tested it this way but I did... LOL. So, with everything hooked up as normal I removed the cord from the port and put it back in causing some small sparks/arcing... I disconnected the cord from the cable box and did the same, no arcing/sparking... So now I figured it was coming from the cable box or the wall...I plugged cord back into the box and I disconnected the coax from the box and tried again no sparking/arcing... So how do I check to see if there is for sure current coming from the wall coax outlet?

Are you still having problems?

You should call Spectrum and say your tech never showed and get an account credit.  Allow five to ten days for processing of the credit.  Are you going to set up another service call?

Satch