Not applicable

URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"

Hello, just recently updated to a new box that came with URC 1160 remote. Am I missing something or has the "Stop" button been removed. The "Stop" button while watching recorded programming on your DVR box, was a nice shortcut to deleting unwanted show in the moment. Now it seems, it takes multiple steps to delete a program.

Also, while checking the guide for shows, i cant find a way to change the page, so that i have a quick shortcut into looking at the following days programing.

Are these shortcuts not available with the URC 1160 remote?
7 REPLIES 7
Trusted Helper

Re: URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"


@LA_ANGELS27 wrote:
Hello, just recently updated to a new box that came with URC 1160 remote. Am I missing something or has the "Stop" button been removed. The "Stop" button while watching recorded programming on your DVR box, was a nice shortcut to deleting unwanted show in the moment. Now it seems, it takes multiple steps to delete a program.

Also, while checking the guide for shows, i cant find a way to change the page, so that i have a quick shortcut into looking at the following days programing.

Are these shortcuts not available with the URC 1160 remote?

Good question!

 

For reference, I believe this is the Remote being referred:

 

Satch

 

Spectrum-Charter-Time-WARNER-CABLE-CLIKR-5-Universal.jpg

 

 

Community Manager

Re: URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"

@LA_ANGELS27 , 

 

I've included a link to Spectrum Remote Control: URC 1160 which includes a link to the manual, hope you find it helpful.  If you still have questions, please let us know.  

Trusted Helper

Re: URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"


@Satch wrote:

@LA_ANGELS27 wrote:
Hello, just recently updated to a new box that came with URC 1160 remote. Am I missing something or has the "Stop" button been removed. The "Stop" button while watching recorded programming on your DVR box, was a nice shortcut to deleting unwanted show in the moment. Now it seems, it takes multiple steps to delete a program.

Also, while checking the guide for shows, i cant find a way to change the page, so that i have a quick shortcut into looking at the following days programing.

Are these shortcuts not available with the URC 1160 remote?

Good question!

 

For reference, I believe this is the Remote being referred:

 

Satch

 

Spectrum-Charter-Time-WARNER-CABLE-CLIKR-5-Universal.jpg

 

 


The EXIT button serves as the DVR Playback Stop button.  Still working on the Page +/- up down functionality since the fast scroll appears to be missing on this remote.

 

Satch

Not applicable

Re: URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"

Ok. So this is what I've noticed. Yes, the EXIT button and the LEFT ARROW (functions as the "last" button) between the CHANNEL UP/DOWN arrow, both have the same functionality. It prompts you to a screen asking if you would like to exit.
Still lacking in the short cut, where a true stop button would ask you, if you would like to delete the current recording you just stopped. Not the end of the world. But now you have to log back onto your DVR listings, select the program you just "stopped" and opt to whether you would like to restart or delete it. .. short cuts are life lol

Ive also found, while you have the guide open, you can use the CHANNEL +/- key to change the "page" vertically, allowing you to skip 5 channels at a time during the guilde.

But what if i want to see TOMORROW? That convenient, page skip horizontally key, so i can see tomorrows guide, for the same time is not there. So now i have to hold the side arrow until i scroll past hours and hours of programming, to see whats on the following day
Not applicable

Re: URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"

*FEEDBACK.*

Also in terms of functionality, feedback .. LESS IMPORTANT lol.

The horizontal arrow keys, act as a rewind/FWD button. The UP arrow acts as a pause. Then above that, theres the PLAY/PAUSE button.
While forwarding through a recording, you get used to using the arrows. Once your taught that functionality, your first reaction is to press up on the arrow pad. That pauses your recording and you have to double tap it, to once again play your programming

To bypsss that, during your forwarding of a recording, you need to know to reach up and press on the PLAY/PAUSE key, for your programming to seamlessly play, without the pause. Would be cool if the UP arrow was just programned to have the same functionality as the PLAY/PAUSE key, while rewinding or fastforward
Trusted Helper

Re: URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"


@LA_ANGELS27 wrote:
*FEEDBACK.*

Also in terms of functionality, feedback .. LESS IMPORTANT lol.

The horizontal arrow keys, act as a rewind/FWD button. The UP arrow acts as a pause. Then above that, theres the PLAY/PAUSE button.
While forwarding through a recording, you get used to using the arrows. Once your taught that functionality, your first reaction is to press up on the arrow pad. That pauses your recording and you have to double tap it, to once again play your programming

To bypsss that, during your forwarding of a recording, you need to know to reach up and press on the PLAY/PAUSE key, for your programming to seamlessly play, without the pause. Would be cool if the UP arrow was just programned to have the same functionality as the PLAY/PAUSE key, while rewinding or fastforward

It sounds like you have the New Spectrum Guide?  You should go to your local Spectrum Office and ask for the Clickr Backlight remote.  It is better, easier to navigate, and has the traditional buttons and functions that you are seeking.

 

Satch

Not applicable

Re: URC1160 "STOP" and "Page UP/Down"

Thank you! I didn't know they had a more traditional control, that was compatible with my box.

Thank you for ur support. I will do, just that.