Highlighted
Newcomer

URC 1160 remote does not turn on TV with "ALL" button

I have 3 new URC 1160 remotes.  They rarely turn on the TV when I press the "ALL" button. The TV comes on reliably using the TV button. The rest of the remote controls work well on all 3 sets. I am using the "ALL" button to turn on and off the cable boxes and DVR, then the TV button to turn on and off the TV. It would be nice to just press the "ALL" button and have them both respond. Anyone have this problem or know ofa fix?

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: URC 1160 remote does not turn on TV with "ALL" button

@Stevern86 wrote:

I have 3 new URC 1160 remotes.  They rarely turn on the TV when I press the "ALL" button. The TV comes on reliably using the TV button. The rest of the remote controls work well on all 3 sets. I am using the "ALL" button to turn on and off the cable boxes and DVR, then the TV button to turn on and off the TV. It would be nice to just press the "ALL" button and have them both respond. Anyone have this problem or know ofa fix?

Here is the detailed manual for the URC 1160 (PDF format) it will give you the steps for the "All" button, to turn on your TV and box at the same time:

https://d15yx0mnc9teae.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/Spectrum_Remote_UG_URC1160-1462910528.pdf

Remember that you will need to find your code for your brand of TV on page 2 and go through each code one by one until it works, if QUICK SETUP mode on page 1 does not work, or your TV brand is not listed.

Satch