Not applicable

UR5U-8790L remote and home theatre

So I lost my home theatre remote in the past couple of days, so I thought I would go ahead and program the Spectrum remote to use the DVD functionality. (Sidenote: home theatre programs under AUX, not DVD.) I got most buttons to work; power volume up and down, pause, stop, and even the list button works. What doesn’t work is the ability to play. I have tried every button available and nothing. It sits at the DVD menu and the “Play” option is highlighted, but there is nothing that works to make the play button work. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: UR5U-8790L remote and home theatre

@Jmonday wrote:
So I lost my home theatre remote in the past couple of days, so I thought I would go ahead and program the Spectrum remote to use the DVD functionality. (Sidenote: home theatre programs under AUX, not DVD.) I got most buttons to work; power volume up and down, pause, stop, and even the list button works. What doesn’t work is the ability to play. I have tried every button available and nothing. It sits at the DVD menu and the “Play” option is highlighted, but there is nothing that works to make the play button work. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!

What's the make and model of the cable box?

Satch

Not applicable

It’s an Arris DCX3200-M
Trusted Helper

@Jmonday wrote:
It’s an Arris DCX3200-M

All I can say, is run the Setup program for your DVD player again.  Some cable remotes are like this with third party products.  What is the make and model of the DVD player?  You are probably better off using your DVD  player remote control .  When you run the DVD code setup, I would use the DVD button, not AUX.  But if that doesn't work a second time, you will have to use the remote that came with your DVD player.

Satch