Highlighted
Rookie

Tropical Storm Hermine changed my DVR menus!

Our cable and internet went out for six hours on Friday due to the storm, and when it came back up, some of our channels were for another city 3 hours away (and thus weren't working). We verified with the guide. That eventually fixed itself, but my DVR menus have changed. I used to have every recorded episode of a specific show kept in a file together; now they are listed in the order they were recorded. For example, I have 6 un-watched episodes of Major Crimes, and they used to all be in one place. Now I have to scroll though every show I've recorded for the last six weeks to get to the first episode of Major Crimes.

The actual format of the menu changed too. Was this a scheduled change that coincidentally coincided with the storm? And if not, is here a way to get back the old format?

4 REPLIES 4
Expert

Re: Tropical Storm Hermine changed my DVR menus!

Sounds more like routine maint and typical firmware or system upgrades. Typical when channels are added/deleted or moved to different slots

Probably not weather related.

And there's no going back.

Lead Moderator

@adrian139

Can you take a photo of the format? If the box did not reboot properly you may just need to do a manual reboot of the box. 

If you will unplug the power to the cable box (DVR) for about 30 seconds and then plug that back in and allow it to fully reboot and then recheck. The box reboot is complete when the time comes back onto the front panel display.

Regards,
Julia R.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Thank you! The reboot fixed it!

Lead Moderator

Excellent!  

Glad all is well. Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums