Seasoned Contributor

TWC is giving out cable boxes for one year free, then $5 a month rental after that, right?

Hi, well, I just got off the phone with a couple of TWC reps. The last one was really informative and told me that TWC for the time being was offering a free cable modem for one year, then it will be about $5 a month after that....this is not those little digital adapters.

So, can anyone confirm this, as he told me they know about this at your local TWC office and will accommodate. Well, here goes, if this is possible, why can't I bring back my older box and keep my existing setup and lower my bill by The $10 a month cable box fee. See, we have to be able to keep our monthly bills down instead of them going up every year....and if they are going to offer these amenities, then we should take their offerings. Please get back when you can, like I mentioned in another thread as I have to travel to  my nearest TWC location and want to make the right moves when I do, appreciate it, RD

7 REPLIES 7
Expert

Re: TWC is giving out cable boxes for one year free, then $5 a month rental after that, right?

Not exactly correct... What we know is that Spectrum is no longer giving out DTA's, they will supply 1 cable box for the first year free  per the letter they mailed out last month.

You need to go thru Spectrum and not TWC that is still giving out the $3.25 a month DTA's

The cable boxes are a no thrills 2 way box, so that they can look at levels and easily verify/ change channel packages in them and do more than the 2 basic tiers.

This was included as part of the "northeast Ohio is removing 2 more analog channels on Nov 15th" mailing.

Spectrum Employee

Re: TWC is giving out cable boxes for one year free, then $5 a month rental after that, right?

@MsRaye not all areas are only the same time-tables for changes or even specific a-la-carte pricing as Northeast Ohio.  I don't see where @psongman mentioned where he was.  He might have some different package/campaign discount offers where he is, or not, I have no idea but do know it can vary from market to market.

Also, @psongman , you might want to read my wordy reply here, as I went into what you seem to be asking a lot about, some of the reasoning underlying why.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Seasoned Contributor

OK, i just want to know if others are aware of this cable box offering and if my store in Oneonta NY , knows about this. I spent all morning trying to contact them, and noone would assist. Someone is going to get in a mountain of trouble for not providing that number to those that find it necessary for reasons we won't go into, but the Attorney General will definitely delve into.

My closest office is quite far away and I don't have a vehicle and there is another reason why I am allowed this number, but as I stated before, total blockade. Well, back to the drawing board, RD

Seasoned Contributor

Just got off the phone with TwC rep. Those boxes they are offering are only fancy digital adapters, nothing like the one most of us have in our living rooms. Will someone at TWC please put out all this info for us, so we can make proper decisions, pulllllleeeeeze, RD

Expert

What is the model number of the box?

there's no such thing as a fancy DTA,which are one way cable boxes, DTA is just there to make uninformed customers think they're getting something, lol.Robot Sad

supposedly these "free " boxes are 2 way and capable of SDV.PPV, MODm but it's unknown if Spectrum will offer those services.

I doubt they have a 8 ch docsis 3 modem, so IPTV won't work

With one, they could call these DVR's as TWC was planning on IPTV and cloud based DVR service, no hard drive in the dvr, lol.

As for letters being sent out,  it does say (ONE FREE) and $5 a month after a year

The DTA's were up to 4 free for a year, then 99 cents a month after that went up a couple times to $3.25 or more now.

The DTA's are great for hiding the box and or multiple sets in a room like hospitals  as they have unique ID RF remotes.

It's an hour and a half drive to the nearest TWC store or I'd run there and see what they're giving out.

Newcomer

How do I get  a cable box for my tv?

Expert

Where are you? Northeast Ohio just sent out another "DTA's are needed, free for the first year" letter here.

Go to the nearest TWC store and pick one up. Hopefully levels are good enough for it to w ork.