Newcomer

TV box light too bright when off

I saw another post about this issue but it was for a different type of TV box. We have two

Humax HD: Spectrum 101-T  boxes. Both boxes, when turned off, are super bright. This is a real problem in our bedroom as it lights up the entire room even when turned off! We either have to completely unplug the box or cover it with a shirt or something. We should not have to do this. Does anyone have a solution for this, besided switching tv providers, which we are considering, as this is a real nuisance. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Helper

Re: TV box light too bright when off

I'm 99% sure that the brightness cannot be adjusted. You can swap the box for one of the older boxes if they are still available at your local Spectrum store. I personally use a TiVo that you can turn off all lights if you want.

LGT
Contributor

I don’t have that exact box, but I also don’t think the LED display is adjustable. Ours isn’t. The only thing displayed is the clock and/or channel number.  Since the box is in your bedroom I assume you have an alarm clock for time and with modern guides you really don’t need the channel number, so why not use a low tech solution?  Put a piece of black electrical tape over it. Or, if you feel you really need the display find some tinted plastic, like from a cheap pair of kids sunglasses, and glue it over the display. Just don’t cover the receiver for the remote. Better than going through all the trouble of changing providers. 

Lead Moderator

One suggestion I have seen is to use a piece of colored cellophane and double sided 

tape.  

Not sure if that will work for you but its an idea. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums