Highlighted
Observer

Subscribed Channels Filter - Spectrum Guide

Just had Spectrum TV installed yesterday, and received the 210-H DVR with Spectrum Guide. I’m in a former TWC area.

One glitch that I’m noticing that I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced...

When I go into “Guide Settings” and filter the “Show Channels” option to “My Subscription”, it works and only shows the channels included in my package, but with one annoying glitch.

Every time I open the guide, it always opens up to Channel 651 (one of the inDemand channels).

It does this no matter what channel I have the TV tuned to, and still happens after rebooting the box.

If I change the filter back to show all channels, it behaves normally and the guide will open up to whatever channel I’m currently on.
21 REPLIES 21
ant
Established Sharer

Re: Subscribed Channels Filter - Spectrum Guide

Did you already try rebooting your DVR?
Observer

Yes, I have rebooted a couple of different times....held the reset button on the front for 10 seconds and released. Also rebooted from the option in the advanced diagnostics menu (Menu, Hold OK for 5 sec, then Up arrow).

Nothing seems to correct it though.
Trusted Helper

@JMH64157 wrote:
Just had Spectrum TV installed yesterday, and received the 210-H DVR with Spectrum Guide. I’m in a former TWC area.

One glitch that I’m noticing that I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced...

When I go into “Guide Settings” and filter the “Show Channels” option to “My Subscription”, it works and only shows the channels included in my package, but with one annoying glitch.

Every time I open the guide, it always opens up to Channel 651 (one of the inDemand channels).

It does this no matter what channel I have the TV tuned to, and still happens after rebooting the box.

If I change the filter back to show all channels, it behaves normally and the guide will open up to whatever channel I’m currently on.

Hello,

Was the Spectrum Guide going to On Demand (Channel  651) BEFORE you changed the filter from "All Channels" to "Subscribed?"  If you change the filter back to "All Channels" does the guide still open to the On Demand Channel?

1.) You have the 210 -H DVR

2.) Please provide your state, city, and zip, so that a mod can see if we have a ticket opened in this area.  This sounds like a bug.

3.) How do you get back to the Guide's Time Grid?

Satch

Observer

Hello Satch,

No, the guide was not going to channel 651 prior to changing the filter option to only show subscribed channels.

And when I change the filter back to show ALL channels, it works correctly again. It will open the guide to whatever channel I’m currently on as it is supposed to.

Not sure what you mean by “How do I get back to the Guide’s Time Grid”...When in the Guide I press the Options button on the remote, arrow over the Guide Settings, then change the “Show Channels” prompt to “My Subscription”. From there I can arrow down to go directly back to the Guide, or press exit to exit the guide then re-open by pressing the Guide button on the remote. When the guide reopens, it’s always on Channel 651. It remains this way every single time I open the guide unless I change the filter back to show all channels (All Subscriptions).

Thank you!
Trusted Helper

@JMH64157 wrote:
Hello Satch,

No, the guide was not going to channel 651 prior to changing the filter option to only show subscribed channels.

And when I change the filter back to show ALL channels, it works correctly again. It will open the guide to whatever channel I’m currently on as it is supposed to.

Not sure what you mean by “How do I get back to the Guide’s Time Grid”...When in the Guide I press the Options button on the remote, arrow over the Guide Settings, then change the “Show Channels” prompt to “My Subscription”. From there I can arrow down to go directly back to the Guide, or press exit to exit the guide then re-open by pressing the Guide button on the remote. When the guide reopens, it’s always on Channel 651. It remains this way every single time I open the guide unless I change the filter back to show all channels (All Subscriptions).

Thank you!

Glad to help!

I run a different guide in a legacy TWC market (ODN-Navigator) but this sounds like a bug,  One of our mods can investigate this.  Thanks for the post!

Satch

Observer

Hello,

Just wanted to post an update that this issue is still occurring. Could one of the Mods please confirm if this is a known issue in my area, or please forward to the appropriate group to be looked at?

I would really like to be able to use the filter in the guide to only show my "Subscribed Channels" without the guide opening up to Channel 651 evertime I launch it.

Thank you!

Observer

Some additional info I just discovered...

This issue only occurs if I access the guide by pressing the Guide button on the remote.

If I press the blue Menu button on the remote, then select “Guide” from the pop up menu that comes up, the Guide opens up to the channel I am currently on.

It is only when pressing the Guide button on the remote that the guide opens to channel 651 every time.
Newcomer

I have the EXACT same problem. Just googled it today and saw this post. I'm in southern California.
Trusted Helper

@Demonkegman wrote:
I have the EXACT same problem. Just googled it today and saw this post. I'm in southern California.

Greetings, to all users with this bug:

Post your city and zip code for reference to this issue.  Than mods can report to that exact area,  To confirm - This is an issue with New Spectrum Guide that opens up all the time to the VOD channel when Guide button is pressed and the Subscribed Channel filter is in use.

Pressing Menu and selecting Guide for the on-screen selection causes normal behavior.  User in Southern California, in addition to your zip code, we need your box make and model if you are also affected by this issue.

Satch