Observer

Static sound only on ABC channel

I have called technical support twice this week and the problem is still on going. It is happen on both cable boxes is also happening on the spectrum TV app.
There was a system wide problem a week ago with same sound only on ABC.
Now when I called they say I'm the only one who called in but there is something wrong.
Please fix the noise on ABC!!
7 REPLIES 7
Helper

Re: Static sound only on ABC channel

My North Texas ABC station has no static through either my box or on the app. The static could be from the source at the local ABC station in your area. Have you by chance contacted the local ABC affiliate's tech dept. to see if they have any insight?

Community Manager

Currently, there are no area wide issues being reported with this channel.  This issue would require individual troubleshooting and we recommend a service call from a technician to investigate further.  The issue  you are describing would not be able to be resolved remotely.  

Please contact us at: 

Observer

No
Spectrum needs to contact them
Observer

I was told a week ago the sound was system wide. Only abc channel has the problem on both boxes and the Spectrum TV app.
Please fix the problem.
It makes no sense to schedule a service call!!!
Helper

@grochelle1 wrote:
I was told a week ago the sound was system wide. Only abc channel has the problem on both boxes and the Spectrum TV app.
Please fix the problem.
It makes no sense to schedule a service call!!!

It is not a system wide problem. ABC here is just fine. It is a local problem...maybe even so local that it is only impacting you, in which case a service call is exactly what you need. 

Highlighted
Observer

Still a problem with WTVD the local affiliate. I want Spectrum to contact them and get it resolved. I can here it on the Spectrum TV app and on both boxes. I was told by technical support That the problem will be escalated but I have not heard anything back from technical support. I don't feel that Spectrum is taken my problem very seriously. I'm very disappointed and dissatisfied with Spectrum!!

Proven Sharer

Local stations control their own digital feeds to Spectrum and other cable providers in your area; they are not simply taken from an over-the-air receiver.  The quality of sound is not under the control of Spectrum's technical support team.   YOU need to schedule a service call with Spectrum so they can diagnose your issue.