Rookie

Spectrum Guide Issues

I have had the Spectrum 210 box running the Spectrum Guide for less than a week and I'm having a few issues.

1. When watching a show On Demand, if I stop the show and go to resume it at a later time, it doesn't save my place in the show and only gives me the option of starting the show all over again.

2. From the research I've done, since I'm in a legacy TWC area (Bowling Green, KY) I'm unable to access remote DVR management. That is a huge deal for me. Any word on when this will be available?

3. When searching for a series using the search function, when brought to the series page there is no option to record the series. These are the only options I'm given. 

IMG_20190427_201044023.jpg

4. When using the "All Power" button to turn on both the box and my TV, when my TV comes on it shows "no signal". If I turn the box off and turn it back on, I get audio and video. I just thought this was kind of odd.

4 REPLIES 4
Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum Guide Issues

Regarding #2, numerous folks have already posted the same scenario and question.  Spectrum is aware of the issue and has not offered a timetable to resolve the defect.

As for #4, the box and TV have to 'handshake' over the HDMI cable to set audio and video before programming can flow.  If the two devices don't both power up at the same rate, one willtry to negotiate before the other is ready. Not much you can do about that, aside from always keeping the TV input selector set to the HDMI port connected to the 210 DVR.

Trusted Helper

@karlbeckman wrote:

Regarding #2, numerous folks have already posted the same scenario and question.  Spectrum is aware of the issue and has not offered a timetable to resolve the defect.

As for #4, the box and TV have to 'handshake' over the HDMI cable to set audio and video before programming can flow.  If the two devices don't both power up at the same rate, one willtry to negotiate before the other is ready. Not much you can do about that, aside from always keeping the TV input selector set to the HDMI port connected to the 210 DVR.

Greetings,

The other thing to do would be to reprogram your Remote Control so that with the SYSTEM or ALL POWER button, the TV is turned on LAST in the boot sequence.  This can help the handshake issues with HDMI.

Your other option, buy a new high-quality HDMI cable that performs signal handshaking better.

Questions:  What is the make and model of the TV and the Remote?

Satch

Rookie

I have the URC 1160 remote. My TV is a 40" Sony Bravia from around 2008. (it's a great TV and still kicking).
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@volfan419 wrote:
I have the URC 1160 remote. My TV is a 40" Sony Bravia from around 2008. (it's a great TV and still kicking).

Here are the instructions for programing the remote:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/spectrum-remote-control-urc-1160/

Maybe run the Setup program again?  (If you can get the TV to be turned on LAST, it should resolve the handshake issue..)  Let us know if you also choose to buy a new HDMI cable, or if re-running Setup solves the handshaking issue.

Years ago, I had a Sony TV with handshaking problems.  Right now, I have a Samsung 40" from 2009 that works great!  What worked, and  I just thought of this was updating the firmware for the TV to a flash-drive and than following the instructions through the TV for the firmware update. (The update for firmware for your TV might be offered by entering the model number for your set at Sony's website.)

It is possible though that because your TV is more than five years old that the firmware update might not be available for your set anymore.  You will need the model number for your TV and a flash-drive to save the update.  BUT, if you are not computer savvy, I would try the following first:

1.) Reprogram the remote so that the TV turns on last with the ALL POWER/System button.

2.) A new HDMI cable

3.) Updating your TV's firmware.

Satch