Not applicable

Spectrum 210 cable box

Does anyone know where the IR sensor is on the Spectrum 210 cable box? I can't control my cable box with my Sony XBR remote, it says "cannot access" when using the IR Blaster.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Spectrum 210 cable box

@6264191269 wrote:
Does anyone know where the IR sensor is on the Spectrum 210 cable box? I can't control my cable box with my Sony XBR remote, it says "cannot access" when using the IR Blaster.

Hello,

Not sure on the location of the sensor, but you would need to use a Spectrum authorized remote for the Spectrum cable box. If you don't like the remote that they gave you with the 210 World Box, I would go to the Spectrum Office, and try to get the Clickr Backlite remote.

Satch

Helper

See if this thread about the 201 box helps you with the placement of the sensor on the 210:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/Spectrum-201H-set-top-box-Where-is-the-infrared-sens...

Observer

instead of using the sony IR blaster if you have the black remote with the blue menu button there's a way to pair it using RF wich is much better then the IR!!! though i get it you want multible devices on one remote

Not applicable

I have done that already. But yeah, my goal was  to control everything with my Sony remote. 

thank you. 

Observer

i have been running a goole home hub. it's amazing just say hey google to run everything LOL. the only thing i need the remote for is the cable box sadly enough!!!