Rookie

Spectrum 201H set top box - Where is the infrared sensor located?

I have a brand new Spectrum 201H settop box and i cannot seem to find where the infrared sensor is located (i can usually spot them on my other boxes when i shine a flashlight on the front panels I can see a circlular red image).  Both my infrared spectrum remote and harmony one remote when i point the device at the box work well, so I am pretty sure it is infrared activated.  I need to know placement so I can postition the IR blaster from my tv properly.  Any guidance?  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Spectrum 201H set top box - Where is the infrared sensor located?

@kennedyeyes  

The manual only indicates IR remote control detector is on the front panel.

https://d15yx0mnc9teae.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/sup_Spectrum201-T%20Datasheet-1511209202.p...

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I know. I saw the same thing it’s got to be someplace. I’ve guessed at several places with no luck.
Rookie

After Trial and Error, I think I found where the sensor is located.  I enclosed a photo in case this could help someone else.IMG_7643.JPGIR Sensor located - Middle Left

Browser

Before you get to invested n setting up the new 210 box you should look at the many post in regards to the complants involving the new box. It is very buggy and does not work with the ttv phone app. The recommendation from everyone including the customer support is to exchange the box for one model older. I did and I am happy I did.  Nothing but trouble with the new box.  the guide was constantly faling, preventing access to the DVR and On Demand.  A lot of other smaller issues.

Rookie

You mention box "210" I have box "201".  Did you mean to say box "201" is buggy or box "210" is buggy.  Please advise.

Thanks.

Helper

The 110/210 series has more reported bugs than the 101/201 series. Most of this has to do with the Spectrum guide rather than the hardware itself.

Observer

the 210 box is a disaster!!! i belive the 201 works well. the only difference is the 201 don't have netflix built in it like the 210 does. why they ever put the guide in the cloud for the 210 boxes is beyond me. if there launching there cloud DVR service then they should have waited and put the guide in the cloud for the new DVR box and not the 210!!! it says that it has dual infared remote control sensors on the front

https://slidelegend.com/spectrum201-h-charter-spectrum_5a176ab01723dd5187b93c83.html