Valued Participant

Software update

This doesn't necessarily have to be answered. Just something I find to be extremely annoying. Why can we not be informed when there will be a software update on our equipment? For the 3 rd time, we were watching a program, only for the software update screen to come up. There goes what we were watching, because it literally takes an hour. We saw what was changed. Go into dvr listings & it's little "crap" stuff like how they word "do you really want to delete this".  Personally I would rather they just make sure the dvr works properly, than to constantly change these little things that really do nothing to enhance it.

5 REPLIES 5
Trusted Helper

Re: Software update

@sweetpea12 wrote:

This doesn't necessarily have to be answered. Just something I find to be extremely annoying. Why can we not be informed when there will be a software update on our equipment? For the 3 rd time, we were watching a program, only for the software update screen to come up. There goes what we were watching, because it literally takes an hour. We saw what was changed. Go into dvr listings & it's little "crap" stuff like how they word "do you really want to delete this".  Personally I would rather they just make sure the dvr works properly, than to constantly change these little things that really do nothing to enhance it.

I agree Sweetpeat,

I have sent feedback to @AskSpectrum.  In the past I even posted in the forums.  "Give customers an email notice, a phone call, something the night before that indicates that there will be a software update or overnight maintenance done."  Haven't gotten a software update notice in about EIGHT YEARS!  It's ridiculous!

I have to manually call Spectrum and listen to their voicemail message when they do software updates.  What can Spectrum customers do to insure that they get notices about maintenance downtime and software updates?  What is strange, is that I have some cable friends in Wisconsin who actually got an email notice about the cable guide update last night.  These notices should be sent out to everyone, not just select customers.

No issues with the guide itself (ODN-Navigator 9.0)  the only critique I have is that the confirmation dialogue screens are too big in this release.

Satch

ant
Established Sharer

Ditto. It's so annoying especially when others and I are still awake like at midnight PDT! We never get any in advanced notifications about these planned upgrades. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Manager

We do send out email notifications  when there is planned maintenance or updates.  To ensure that you receive the notifications, you can log into your My Account and choose the Profile tab.   There you can verify the email is correct or select edit to change the email.   As well, please check to ensure the notifications are not being filtered.  

Valued Participant

As  Satch stated, not everyone gets these email notices. I know we have not. Checked My Profile-correct email. Which makes sense since we do receive our bill every month.

Trusted Helper

Guys,

I went into My Account and it said that my email was not activated, so I activated it. We will see if that makes a difference.  Also the email account that I have at My Account (My Services) is not the same as a second email account that I created for the Community Forum. But I use both of them.

I guess at the time under the old TWC regime, you could sign up for a separate email account here at the forum and at what used to be called My Services..  The point is that my primary email address at My Services is now activated.

Satch