Participant

Set Top Boxes

It bogles my mind how Spectrum is still distributing old outdated cable boxes. The Scientific Atlanta, Pioneer, and Motorola boxes has to be ten year old technology! Do these Co's even still make cable boxes? Come on guys, give us some new equipment! 

JJK
9 REPLIES 9
Trusted Helper

Re: Set Top Boxes

@JKelly wrote:

It bogles my mind how Spectrum is still distributing old outdated cable boxes. The Scientific Atlanta, Pioneer, and Motorola boxes has to be ten year old technology! Do these Co's even still make cable boxes? Come on guys, give us some new equipment! 

JKelly,

Those models are fifteen years old1  They have been refurbished so many times, way too many to count.  Where are you located?  City? State? Zip?  Do you have DVR Service?  Go to a Spectrum store and ask for what newer model boxes they have in stock. 

I would recommend a Cisco , Arris, or World Box.  The World Boxes. (With no front panal clock ) are the newest,  The  Samsungs, not the newest, but reports of being buggy.  Even so, the newer boxes are much faster than those dinosaur models mentioned above.  DVR models on the newer boxes have much more storage as well.

Satch

Participant

@Satch 

I think I need to upgrade as well.  Do the World Boxes have a DVR Version and record up to 6 shows?  Just wondering.  I want to change all my boxes in my house.

R.

Browser

Mine says Spectrum 210 o top and has no clock display on front .Is this the World Box. it appears to be made by Humax. In the 28572 area

Tim

Trusted Helper

@berryboy808 wrote:

@Satch 

I think I need to upgrade as well.  Do the World Boxes have a DVR Version and record up to 6 shows?  Just wondering.  I want to change all my boxes in my house.

R.

World Boxes are four-tuner DVR's with 1 TB hard drives. (No clock on front panel.)  They are 100% cloud boxes.

Arris and Cisco DVR's like The Cisco 9865 (My Box) and The Arris 3600-M are six-tuners, but  are being given out less.  There are six-tuner Samsungs out there, but they are known to be buggy.  They also have 1TB HD storage.  Up to 100 Hours of HD programing.

All are much faster.

Satch

Participant

Thanx Satch! 

JJK
Trusted Helper

@JKelly wrote:

Thanx Satch! 

Let us know when you get a more modern box!

Satch

Participant

@Satch

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Trusted Helper

@berryboy808 wrote:

@Satch

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Trusted Helper

Hey Berry Boy,

Sounds like you got a modern box!  What did you get?

Satch