ant
Established Sharer

Re: Searching doesn't find the titles, but Guide shows them!

@

Ant,

I am not swapping my box, I am waiting for that software update test to go through.  All this update has to do is get all of us back to how we were able to use the B-button search before the second to third week of October 2018.  The box swap won't make any difference as long as ODN ASG (Advanced System Gateway) software is on it, and the box is centralized to the areas with the B-button search problem.  (Areas of Wisconsin, California, and Ohio, minimally.)

The update will hopefully fix this and keep it fixed.

Satch

Yep. Cross your fingers that they will fix this soon for us! No excuse to make us swap our boxes.

Trusted Helper

Great News!

After three and a half months, ODN-Navigator Guide  full search functionality has finally been restored to my Cisco 9865 box using the B-button. (Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Genre's, Events and Actors are finally all keyboard searchable.)

Hope it stays this way!  Thank you!

Satch

ant
Established Sharer

@Satch wrote:

Great News!

After three and a half months, full search functionality has finally been restored to my Cisco 9865 box using the B-button. (Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Genre's, Events and Actors are finally all keyboard searchable.)

Hope it stays this way!  Thank you!

Satch

So far, mine is working too when I did a quick search for 2/3/2019's Super Bowl game to record. I will try other searches later on.

Observer

It would be interesting to get an explanation of what happened.
ant
Established Sharer

@13 wrote:

That would be nice. I doubt they would share that. I am waiting for an official confirmation that it is finally fixed. It seems to be fixed for Satch and me. Is it fixed for you too, 13? I also tried more quick searches like the new Schooled TV series. That worked as well.

Trusted Helper

@ant wrote:

@13 wrote:

That would be nice. I doubt they would share that. I am waiting for an official confirmation that it is finally fixed. It seems to be fixed for Satch and me. Is it fixed for you too, 13? I also tried more quick searches like the new Schooled TV series. That worked as well.

Ant,

I too would love to know what happened.  Based on my own thirty years in cable TV technology I would assume that the cause of the problem was an update to ODN-Navigator's search database last October that did not take well in selected markets and boxes.  Most likely, ODN's engineers had to prepare an update that restored all the missing keyboard search data.

My hope now is that the update holds, and that the developers have learned from this. Let us anticipate that we have finally ended a three and a half month frustration, so that the keyboard search data stays complete in the system and that this never happens again!

Satch

ant
Established Sharer

@Satch wrote:

@ant wrote:

@13 wrote:

Ant,

I too would love to know what happened.  Based on my own thirty years in cable TV technology I would assume that the cause of the problem was an update to ODN-Navigator's search database last October that did not take well in selected markets and boxes.  Most likely, ODN's engineers had to prepare an update that restored all the missing keyboard search data.

My hope now is that the update holds, and that the developers have learned from this. Let us anticipate that we have finally ended a three and a half month frustration, so that the keyboard search data stays complete in the system and that this never happens again!

Satch

I think Charter is having quality assurance (QA) testing issues with all those cable boxes out there. Remember last year's mess when they tried to upgrade our cable TV boxes  overnight that went to safe mode for hours? Smiley Sad Maybe they need to hire me/us to test. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@ant wrote:

@Satch wrote:

@ant wrote:

@13 wrote:

Ant,

Satch

I think Charter is having quality assurance (QA) testing issues with all those cable boxes out there. Remember last year's mess when they tried to upgrade our cable TV boxes  overnight that went to safe mode for hours? Smiley Sad Maybe they need to hire me/us to test. Smiley Wink

Sup Ant?

My box didn't get hit like that.  But there was an instance last summer where an overnight update failed, and my Cisco 9865 went back to the old SA-box menu system for ODN Navigator.  I had to reboot to get the advanced features back.  I think the developers are really trying, but as you said, they are strained by so many different makes and models of boxes in trying to fix things and push out updates.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Update:

Box and search are now working exactly as it should.  ODN-keybpard advanced B-button search now finds all content, just like it did before October 2018.

Research, with help from the escalation teem, and guide engineers, identified the problem.  ODN advanced keyboard search (b-button) contains a filter, that when activated, forces a lot of channels and search content to not be found by the keyboard.  The tech team removed the filter and now the search works great!

I want to thank the guide team engineers and developers for seemingly solving this issue, and hope that this issue stays resolved for any others affected by it.  Thanks all!

Satch

ant
Established Sharer

@Satch wrote:

Update:

Box and search are now working exactly as it should.  ODN-keybpard advanced B-button search now finds all content, just like it did before October 2018.

Research, with help from the escalation teem, and guide engineers, identified the problem.  ODN advanced keyboard search (b-button) contains a filter, that when activated, forces a lot of channels and search content to not be found by the keyboard.  The tech team removed the filter and now the search works great!

I want to thank the guide team engineers and developers for seemingly solving this issue, and hope that this issue stays resolved for any others affected by it.  Thanks all!

Satch

Thanks to Satch and everyone else on this issue. Let's hope this issue never returns again. Smiley Wink