Highlighted
Not applicable

Screen goes black when changing channels

When changing the channel, the screen turns black for five seconds. What do my settings need to be to stop this? Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: Screen goes black when changing channels

@amyaldrich77 wrote:
When changing the channel, the screen turns black for five seconds. What do my settings need to be to stop this? Thanks!!

Hi Amy,

On your cable box, you need to set your Output Resolution to 1080i only.  Deselect the Auto and any other resolution options.  Save your changes.  It should be found under Settings and Output Resolution.  Guides may call it by slightly different names.

Once your resolution is outputted to 1080 only, this will stop that annoying channel blank screen delay because the resolution output will be consistent.

Satch

Not applicable

Hi Satch, that didn’t work. Any other suggestions?
Trusted Helper

@amyaldrich77 wrote:
Hi Satch, that didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Hi Amy,

You can't stop the black screen totally.  There is a normal delay of about 3-5 seconds when the screen goes black during channel changes.  The resolution setting to which I reffered was after the channel tunes, there might be another two seconds while the box selects the resolution that you have a black screen.

A momentary blank screen like that, with the channel bar showing as you change channels is normal.  If the picture is not pixilating repeatedly (breaking up.) sound is good, box is reasonably responsive to Remote Control commands, there is nothing wrong with your cable TV service.

Satch