Rookie

Sceptre tv

RC 122 remote doesn't list Sceptre TV for having a code. Old Clik remote guide has one.  Do I need to get a different remote and does box need to be switched as well?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

Re: Sceptre tv

Sceptre TV's are notorious for being unprogrammable. There isn't a standard code so there won't be one on the sheet.

Your only choice is to get another remote, or perform the auto-programming instructions and hope for a hit.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Rookie

Yeah I tried auto programming several times. It will find it and turn TV off.  But won't complete set up when try to turn back on. So do you know if I can just exchange the remote or do I have to do the box as well?  It' a smaller box than the big main one in living room. Thanks for the help!

Helper

You can exchange the remote and the replacement will already be programmed for Spectrum's current set top boxes. The CLIKR-5 remote does indeed list Sceptre in the tv list.