Browser

Samsung TV and Clikr-5 Remote

I have a new Samsung TV (UN49KS8000) which I'm using with the TW Clikr-5 remote. I found a code to operate the TV, except for the Mute button, which doesn't work. Any ideas how to get the mute working?

3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: Samsung TV and Clikr-5 Remote

@scnrfrq wrote:

I have a new Samsung TV (UN49KS8000) which I'm using with the TW Clikr-5 remote. I found a code to operate the TV, except for the Mute button, which doesn't work. Any ideas how to get the mute working?

Hi,

Make sure you try ALL of the codes in the Remote Set up instructions.  Sometimes a code will activate all TV functions but one.  Make sure that the Volume button controls the TV and that the TV volume (not the box volume) is being accessed when the Volume up/down buttons are pressed.  If the Volume buttons work showing the TV's volume graphic going up or down respective to the +/-key's being pressed, Mute should work as well.

Note that if you have an HD set/box accessed via HDMI cable, only TV volume (not box volume) can be controlled.

Rerun the Setup program on the remote, for the TV and like I said, go through all of the Samsung TV codes.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

Here are the codes for a Samsung TV on that model remote:
258, 050, 089, 105, 363, 127, 143, 333, 228, 229, 515, 655

258 is the most common, but if you have some buttons that don't work, then try one of the others.

Steps:

1. Start with TV on
  2. Press and hold down TV and the "OK/Select" button until the TV button lights up red
  3. punch in codes until the TV turns off
  4. Press TV again to save/store the code in the remote
    (it should blink twice to confirm)
  5. You should now be able to turn on/off the TV with:
    press TV, then press the power symbol.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Browser

I have tried all the Samsung codes. Only one will operate the TV functions, except for Mute. Guess I'm stuck with just turning down the volume, instead of using mute.