edb
Rookie

Samsung Digital TV/Soundbar and CLIKR-5 No volume control???

I have a Samsung TV Model UN55D6000SF and a Sumsung Soundbar Model #HW-FM35 connected by an optical cord. Yesterday I "upgraded" my cable box to a digital set (arris box). The TV was set up with the CLIKR-5 along with the cable box and a dvd/vcr combo unit. They all are controlled with the Clikr-5 and I can perform all functions on the device EXCEPT for controlling the volume in any way shape or form unless I use the remote that came with the soundbar.

Prior to this I had the small boxes that Time Warner had and that small remote was able to control the volume just fine. Green Bay WI area.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the CLIKR-5 to control my volume? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Digital TV/Soundbar and CLIKR-5 No volume control???

I apologize for any issues or frustrations. Our remotes are not guaranteed to be compatible with all devices. Typically most people use the remote for the TV and cable box only. Here is a link to detailed instructions for the Clikr-5 remote. https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/program-your-remote/UR5U-8780L.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

edb
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I understand your response however I look into our family room that has a Samsung digital TV and a soundbar and the remote is working without issue. I also had it working with the old small cable boxes that time warner supplied. This is standard off the shelf stuff and I am sure there is a work around I just have to find it.

I understand that you have to also try and work with customers of all skill levels. I am not a novice however some key component is escaping me at this point. Back to the drawing board.

Expert

Been out of service/hospital and thought i replied, had to computers trashed by some sort of malware attack last week, just got everything more or less restored.

I believe the solution is to use the TV's ARC function via HDMI into the soundbar, that way whatever controls the tv volume is sent to the soundbar as well.

"Advanced Remote Control"

might only be on a single port and probably needs to be activated as well.

Samsung has firmware issues, they have nothing compatable from one year to the next...

Even the same model TV's... been burned....

Participant

Unfortunately the clicker-5 cannot be programmed directly to a samsung soundbar.  If you set the sound bar up in a particular way turning the tv up and down should actually control the volume coming out of the soundbar. 

edb
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I have a TV ARC HDMI outlet on my TV however my soundbar has only an optical in. It does have a usb input however I am not sure that HDMI to USB is a popular or workable option. The cords are scarce but I guess I could spend the money on a prayer. Its a pain to have to use 2 remotes especially since the set up in my family room is virtually the same (newer components-Samsung ) and it functions with the CLIKR-5 flawlessly.

I thank you as I did not know what ARC meant!